Based in Riccarton, our client is a well-respected and recognised brand in the electrical trade. With strong leadership and an experienced team, they’re now on the search for a confident and knowledgeable Electrical Estimator to join the team.
Responsible for leading the Sales & Estimating division of the Company, the successful applicant will act as the interface between the business and their clients and their electrical requirements.
- Successfully conduct all work related to the Sales & Estimating division of the company
- Provide detailed information, diagrams and identify any non-stock materials required for upcoming jobs to optimize the performance of the field staff and makes full use of our purchasing ability
- Complete the final material take-off of materials at fit-out for ordering purposes
- Undertake pricing of variations and new quote requests (this includes site visits as necessary)
- Effectively modify plans, design specification & submit variations for approval
- Proactively assist the Project Managers and Project Administrators with information and site support as required
- Conduct client interviews to determine the electrical requirements for their new home and advise on ‘Up sell’ products & services
- Efficiently prepare plans and documentation for client interviews
- Effectively deal with client phone enquiries especially regarding pricing & layout design
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients as well as work with the Manager to establish new clients
This is a busy role within a busy team so you’re strength and ability to hit the ground running will set you apart.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum of two years sales estimation experience (or equivalent business expertise in a similar role)
- Ideally, you’re an NZ registered electrician with product knowledge experience who’s recently or wants to ‘come off the tools’
- Confident working with technology and able to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Understanding and knowledge of estimation software and tools desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and influential communication style
- Ability to build beneficial and positive relationships with all levels of stakeholders and clients
- Exceptional ability to handle multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
This is a full-time position with a mix of office-based work and site visits. The hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
To be considered for this role, you must currently reside in New Zealand and have the legal right to work here.
Apply online today with a cover letter and an up-to-date resume.
- Published on 20 Apr 2021, 10:36 PM