- Job no: NMNAF
We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support .
- Based in Miranda
- Part-time & Permanent
- Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- One paid wellbeing leave day per year
- Purchase up to 5 additional leave days in a 12 month period (pro rata entitlement if part-time)
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Reflective practice supervision
- Excellent training and development
- Supportive team environment
As part of the multidisciplinary team, the Clinician will provide focused psychological strategies tailored to meet the individual needs of the young people and families accessing the service within a community based mental health care setting. As well as working with relevant service systems to respond appropriately to their mental health and developmental needs.
- Providing high standard assessments, psychological, counselling and therapeutic interventions
- Opportunities to run group programs
- Liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have one of the following: General AHPRA registration as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Occupational Therapist OR Mental Health Nurse OR AASW registration as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Must be eligible to provide services under Medicare Benefits Scheme
- Extensive & demonstrated experience providing clinical services to young people (12-25 years)
- Well-developed judgment and evaluation skills demonstrating a working understanding assessment and care planning
- Sound understanding of the public, non-government and private mental health systems and programs and associated non-mental health programs in a community setting
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment and evidence-based psychological interventions, within a stress-vulnerability and recovery framework
- Advanced computer literacy - Microsoft Office Suite, Mastercare, other Client Management Systems (CMS) and understanding IT networking and systems
- Awareness of relevant legislation/policies and issues informing health and other services for people experiencing mental illness.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a WWCC
- Must hold/be willing to apply for NDIS worker screening clearance
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all positions (in accordance with Public Health Orders, Work Health and Safety and duty of care obligations for staff and participants/students). As part of the recruitment process Stride requests evidence of vaccination status (in accordance with privacy principles) to ensure compliance with all government orders and directives.
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds in order to enhance the depth of cultural diversity and insight within our workforce.
This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt, with a final closing date of 19 August 2022. Please note, the closing date may be brought forward if sufficient applications are received.
For queries email email@example.com
- Published on 14 Jul 2022, 4:49 AM