- Job no: QBQK3
We are St Barbara. A growing gold company with a global outlook.
We’re an Australian based, ASX 200 company with gold mining operations in Australia, Canada and Papua New Guinea. Our vision is to be a brilliant, global mining company that grows sustainably and creates enduring, positive impacts
Now is an exciting time for our business and for our people. We’re going through a period of significant change and have gained real momentum in transforming our business so that, together, we can build a brilliant future. We’re looking for people who are ready to grow through opportunity and build brilliance with us.
We are currently seeking a Mining Engineer to join the team within our Mining department at Leonora Operations on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, the successful incumbent will ensure safely sustainable production from the Gwalia Mine through the provision of technical capacity required for the planning and execution of all mining activities.
- Contributing to ensure: the health and safety of all personnel in the Mining Department and who work in the Gwalia mine; there is a comprehensive suite of fit-for-purpose systems in place and operating properly within in the Mining Department; the Mining Department meets its environmental, community and statutory obligations and is considered a welcome guest in host communities and that the Mining Department has a constructive and creative environment for business improvement.
- Contributing to the mine planning and scheduling processes, through the provision of technical capacity in various areas including mine planning, drill & blast, ventilation and scheduling.
- Ensuring performance against mine plans and schedules is tracked.
- Contributing to the annual budget process.
- Contributing to timely and accurate reporting of Mining Department activity.
- Air-conditioned, comfortable accommodation facilities with private ensuite.
- Onsite gym, pool, recreation room, bbq area and access to regular organised team sports.
- Supportive, professional and positive team environment on site, and at all facilities.
- 'Grow our own Success' approach with a preference to develop and promote internally.
- Access to professional development activities and educational assistance.
- Competitive salary, with options for salary sacrificing.
- Access to a generous superannuation scheme including salary continuance.
- Be a part of the high performing St Barbara community - a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice.
Are you ready to come and build a brilliant future with us?
We need the very best people. People who genuinely care for the work they do and the positive impact they can make. People who see challenge as an opportunity for growth and value working with others towards a common goal.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Behaviour consistent with St Barbara’s Values
- Ability to produce a National Police Clearance (valid within the last 3 months) for site access purposes
- Current unencumbered West Australian ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
- A Mining Engineering qualification accredited by the Institute of Engineers Australia, as required for WA First Class Mine Manager certification
- Completion of underground practical experience as required for WA First Class Mine Manager certification
- Two (2) to three (3) years relevant work experience
- Strong ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Strong communication skills, including communicating with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple tasks
- High level of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals
- Commercial acumen relevant to the role
For further information on St Barbara and to apply for this role, please visit: https://stbarbara.com.au/working-with-us/current-opportunities/
At St Barbara, we’re committed to finding the best fit for every role. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming diversity in all its forms. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration, regardless of their race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are the only Australian mining company to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for eight consecutive years.
- Published on 29 Dec 2022, 7:38 AM