Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
ABOUT SERVICE DELIVERY - SETTLEMENT
Service Delivery Settlement encompasses a range of programs that build skills and knowledge for the social and economic wellbeing of humanitarian entrants through needs-based case management.
The settlement programs under Service Delivery include Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP), Settlement Engagement and Transition Support Program (SETS), Community Hubs Program, Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) and the Immigration Advice and Application Assistance Scheme (IAAAS)
The Executive Assistant will provide high quality 1:1 executive and administrative services to support the General Manager Service Delivery – Settlement and assist direct reports in the performance of their role and required participation.
Your main duties would include:
- Anticipate, organise and coordinate work flow through email and diary management, prepare and manage all correspondence, meetings, take minutes at key meetings and liaison with all SSI offices
- Collate relevant papers and materials, prepare high level PowerPoint presentations, speeches and undertake research to support meetings and speaking engagements
- Coordinate media and speaking engagements by managing enquiries, invitations and liaising with Marketing and Communications staff to prioritise opportunities and make recommendations to the General Manager – Settlement
- Arrange and support travel, accommodation, expenses, filing and all administration duties for the General Manager. Coordinate travel arrangements for the Settlement Teams through the FCM booking system
ABOUT YOU- Selection Criteria
Ideally you would be a passionate Executive Assistant with a minimum 5 years' experience in working directly with senior management and tertiary qualifications in business administration or a related discipline. Your experience within a community sector organisation would be highly desirable although not essential. We welcome a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. Your highly developed interpersonal and strong stakeholder management skills will see you succeed in this role along with your ability to be organised and structured.
HOW TO APPLY
In your cover letter:
- Please address the above Selection Criteria section and
- Of the values of SSI, please explain which resonate the most with you and why?
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay.
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and Aboriginal people with lived experience of disability. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
For more information about SSI, please go to www.ssi.org.au
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Applications close date: 27th May 2019