Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
The People & Culture Team (PaC) partner with the business through a number of functions, including Work Health & Safety, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organisational Development, Employee Services and Business Partnering. You will be joining a diverse team of highly engaged and driven individuals who strive to make a difference and work together collaboratively to deliver outcomes for our people, clients and stakeholders.
This is a part-time, 5 month contract role for a People & Culture Business Partner who will partner with the organisation to provide expert advice on all people related matters including leadership development, employee relations, performance management, policy, change management and also work on specific HR projects. This role will support business units and leaders in multi locations including Bankstown, Parramatta, Ashfield and Liverpool.
- Partner with the business and provide expert and commercial HR advice on all people related matters
- Become a trusted advisor who has the confidence and ability to respectfully influence and coach leaders
- Participate in organisation wide HR projects and initiatives
- Work effectively with your People & Culture Business Partner peers and the broader People & Culture Team
- Proven experience working as an HR generalist professional in a business partner role (5+ years)
- Credibility to influence and manage interactions at all levels
- Coaching skills at both an individual and organisational level
- Some previous exposure to awards and interpretation
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation and regulations
- Sound knowledge of principles and procedures for HR policy implementation, recruitment, selection, training and development, performance management
- Commercial experience in the application of HR principles
- Ability to work autonomously
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and timely communication within the People & Culture team and business units.
- Tertiary qualification in an HR related discipline.
- Previous experience across a variety of industries desirable
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Closing Date: January 24th January 2020.