ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) builds skills and knowledge for the social and economic wellbeing of humanitarian entrants through needs-based case management.
SSI delivers the program in Sydney and regional NSW, supporting refugees and humanitarian entrants to settle quickly, successfully adjust to the changes in their lives, and identify and work towards their education and employment goals.
The Personal Assistant will provide high quality 1:1 administrative service to support the Manager Humanitarian Settlement Services and assist Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) direct reports in the performance of his role and required participation
Your main duties would include:
- Anticipate, organise and coordinate work flow through email and diary management, prepare and manage correspondence, meetings, take minutes at key meetings, and liaison with all SSI offices
- Coordinate media and speaking engagements by managing enquiries, invitations and liaising with Marketing and Communications staff to prioritise opportunities and make recommendations.
- Collate relevant papers and materials, prepare high level PowerPoint presentations, and undertake research to support meetings and speaking engagements
- Comply with all work health and safety, child protection and equal employment opportunity initiatives to contribute to a safe, healthy, equitable and ethical workplace.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, travel arrangements for the HSP Team, accommodation, expenses, filing, functions, conferences, and events and provide administrative support as required.
SELECTION CRITERIA- About you
Ideally you would be a passionate Personal Assistant with Tertiary qualifications in business administration or a related discipline and highly experienced with a minimum 5 years' experience in working directly with senior management. We welcome a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. Experience in the Finance Industry would be desirable although not essential. Your highly developed interpersonal and strong stakeholder management skills will see you succeed in this role along with your ability to be organised.
HOW TO APPLY
In your cover letter:
- Please address the above Selection Criteria section and
- Of the values of SSI, please explain which resonate the most with you and why?
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay.
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and Aboriginal people with lived experience of disability. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
For more information about SSI, please go to www.ssi.org.au
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Applications close date: 15th Feb 2019