SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Managing their own client caseload, the Employment Consultant will work directly with Job Active clients to provide individualised employment support, and implement a tailored employment pathway plan, provide career advice, coach and support clients to achieve their employment aspirations and meet program requirements. You will also work closely with employers and education providers to deliver employment outcomes for clients.
Your main duties will include:
- Provide advice to clients regarding career entry and progression in a range of professions and industries, relevant training and experience requirements qualification and skill recognition opportunities, as well as education and training opportunities.
- Refer clients to other organisations as per their career pathway plan, actively develop and maintain relationships with other organisations.
- Undertake administrative duties in a timely and professional manner which includes, records management, 100% file compliance, maintain online file notes in ECSN and other IT systems.
- Match the skills and attributes of the jobseekers to current vacancies and motivate them to apply for the available jobs especially for the long-term unemployed jobseekers.
- Work with employers to support clients into employment placements, and provide post-placement support to both clients and employers. Support the wider Employment and Enterprise team to liaise with employers and foster strong employment partnerships
ABOUT YOU- Selection Criteria
You would be a tertiary qualified employment consultant with previous experience in providing employment or career advice, or working in the recruitment or employment sectors as essential coupled with experience I’m working with clients from CALD and vulnerable backgrounds. Your Chinese Vietnamese or Arabic language skills will be highly relevant for this role. You will have demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and reverse market to clients with your strong interpersonal, communications skills and negotiation skills. Excellent time management and organizational skills will see you succeed in his role. Your ability to work under pressure and multi-task whilst being a self-motivator with initiative would be highly desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Applications close date: 15th February 2019