ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) builds skills and knowledge for the social and economic wellbeing of humanitarian entrants through needs-based case management.
SSI delivers the program in Sydney and regional NSW, supporting refugees and humanitarian entrants to settle quickly, successfully adjust to the changes in their lives, and identify and work towards their education and employment goals.
The HSP Operations Manager will provide management support and supervision for all internal operational aspects of this SSI project, regularly monitoring overall budget performance and relationship with both SSI Partner organisations on any operational matters related to program design, implementation, systems and effectiveness.
Your main duties would include:
- Provide leadership by fostering a supportive and professional team environment, a focus on quality practice standards and opportunities for practice innovation and ensure operational practice reflects Humanitarian Settlement Program goals and philosophy
- Manage all operational aspects of HSP to deliver an effective service and optimal outcomes to HSP clients including analysing HSP project reporting and identifying trends, patterns, practice issues, and reporting trends and implementing monitoring and evaluation strategies and ensure necessary and appropriate statistical data is collected
- Facilitate customisation of internal database (eg. CSnet, Chintaro) system(s) with focus on HSP Service Delivery, monitoring and to meet the reporting needs of the program.
- Monitor the overall budget performance and advise Manager HSP on monthly expenditure reviews, cost controls and other budget measures
- Work collaboratively with SSI Corporate re the implementation of relevant systems, policies or procedures which will support efficient and effective HSP outcomes and SSI governance mechanisms
SELECTION CRITERIA- About you
You will be tertiary qualified in Management or equivalent and relevant senior operational management experience in social or community services sector. Demonstrated leadership and people management capabilities with experience in the human and community services sector will be highly essential for this role coupled with commitment towards a collaborative approach to ensure cultural consideration of the needs of people and families from refugee and humanitarian background in service delivery.
Expertise in design and implementation of systems and supports for human services delivery and funded program environments will be highly desirable. We are seeking an operations manager with strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Knowledge and understanding of application of WH&S standards in a flexible work environment. Would be appreciated.
HOW TO APPLY
In your cover letter:
- Please address the above Selection Criteria section and
- Of the values of SSI, please explain which resonate the most with you and why?
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay.
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and Aboriginal people with lived experience of disability. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
For more information about SSI, please go to www.ssi.org.au
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Applications close date: 15th Feb 2019