Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
The Communications and Public Affairs team is a cross functional team that spans communications, marketing, fundraising, government relations and stakeholder and community engagement and coordinates SSI's campaigns and advocacy. This broad and multi-disciplinary team is responsible for bringing together and coordinating the voice of SSI and managing stakeholder engagement. The function is responsible for developing strategy to ensure the organisation is best able to leverage external opportunities, to strengthen SSI’s position, and elevate the organisation's brand and reputation in the community
As part of the SSI Corporate Communication team (within the Public Affairs and Communications business unit), The Content and Internal Communications Officer undertakes communications responsibilities for the promotional, content development and internal communication needs of the organisation’s corporate affairs function, its government funded and self-funded programs, and general organisational initiatives, events and activities within the Content and Corporate Engagement team.
- Develop and implement proactive internal communication strategies including internal communication channels such as announcements, information, notifications, newsletters, intranet blogs, CEO, Executive and new staff announcements.
- Assist with the review, recommendations and refresh of the organisation’s intranet and internal communication methods including the identification of a new platform(s) in alignment with the organisation’s current IT functionality.
- Support SSI’s wellness program by being a proactive member of the wellness committee and providing advice and ideas to enhance the wellness of staff.
- Develop multi-media content for external channels including the writing, photographing, video development, editing, designing and publishing of blogs, newsletters, presentations, social media and website content.
- Develop communications collateral including in-language suitable for CALD communities.
- Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Business degree
- Several years’ experience in a PR or Internal Communications role.
- Development and implementation of successful intranet and extranet platforms and internal communications strategies
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Applications close date: 2nd August 2019