Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) builds skills and knowledge for the social and economic wellbeing of humanitarian entrants through needs-based case management.
SSI delivers the program in Sydney and regional NSW, supporting refugees and humanitarian entrants to settle quickly, successfully adjust to the changes in their lives, and identify and work towards their education and employment goals.
The Assessment Manager will provide clinical leadership to staff across the program, with a strong focus on critical incident management, child protection concerns and family violence management and prevention. The role provides management support, supervision and development across HSP teams, with a strong focus on developing consistent assessment processes and procedures across the Program is responsible for detailed advice to the HSP Program Manager on practice issues and program results.
Your main duties would include:
- Provide high level stakeholder and relationship management with partner MRCs who have subcontracted to deliver Tier 3 services, including quarterly meetings, management of performance issues and quality assurance, invoice approval, development and training of new subcontractors and oversight on internal SSI staff working on Tier 3 Subcontract
- Oversee the development of 6 Monthly Reports and annual Business Plans, ensuring input from all relevant Program areas, and monitoring quality of writing so that content is consistent and of a high quality and delivered within the required timeframe.
- Provide leadership and management support to Direct Reports including direction, advice, coaching, mentoring, motivation and individual performance monitoring and development
- Develop Program-wide assessment skills of case management teams, building on consistencies and expertise within existing teams. Overseas and manages Exit and Quality Assurance functions across HSP in coordination with the Operations Managers and HSP Coordinators
- Support Program Manager HSP to ensure compliance with DSS contractual requirements
SELECTION CRITERIA- About you
You will be tertiary qualified in Management or equivalent and relevant senior operational management experience in social or community services sector. Demonstrated leadership and people management capabilities with experience in the human and community services sector will be highly essential for this role coupled with commitment towards a collaborative approach to ensure cultural consideration of the needs of people and families from refugee and humanitarian background in service delivery. Program experience in overseeing settlement service delivery to newly arrived refugees and humanitarian entrants will be highly desirable.
We are seeking an assessment manager with strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Knowledge and understanding of application of WH&S standards in a flexible work environment would be appreciated.
Mandatory Checks - Working with Children Check and Police Clearance
HOW TO APPLY
In your cover letter:
- Please address the above Selection Criteria section and
- Of the values of SSI, please explain which resonate the most with you and why?
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay.
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and Aboriginal people with lived experience of disability. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
For more information about SSI, please go to www.ssi.org.au
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Applications close date: 16th Aug 2019