SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) builds skills and knowledge for the social and economic wellbeing of humanitarian entrants through needs-based case management. SSI delivers the program in Sydney and regional NSW, supporting refugees and humanitarian entrants to settle quickly, successfully adjust to the changes in their lives, and identify and work towards their education and employment goals.
- Provide administration support to the HSP Service Delivery team
- High volume of data entry into the Department of Social Services system and internal database to meet daily tight deadlines
- Assist with administrative tasks such as room bookings, equipment and catering requirements
- Ensure compliance with specified service delivery targets, including immediate deliverables, foundation settlement outcomes, record keeping and invoice requirements
- Utilise the internal database to assist in completing hard copy forms to ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive records are maintained
- Maintain comprehensive, professional records, detailing specific activities and noting when contractual requirements are met
- Provide regular updates to the Team Leader on mandatory data compliance, outstanding / upcoming mandatory data
Do you have a Certificate IV in Community Services, Business Administration or equivalent?
We’re seeking an Administrator who can multitask effectively, is a fast learner and an exceptional communicator. You will have previous high volume administration experience, a high attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines and follow strict policies and guidelines.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please address this criteria in your cover letter and upload your resume and cover letter to your LiveHire Profile as ONE document.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]
Applications close date: Friday 31st May 2019