Belron NZ is the parent company that includes Smith&Smith®, New Zealand's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement company, and Laser Group whose members are plumbing and electrical experts. We are part of the international Belron Group with 30,000 employees active in over 30 countries providing services and making a difference with real care, for our customers.
We are now excited to invite applications for the new opportunity of Planning Lead. Reporting to the National Planning & Sourcing Manager, as the Planning Lead (PL) you will take ownership for the supply and demand planning to ensure the efficiency of the planning, procurement and management of the company's inventory. You will be responsible for ensuring that the team deliver on end to end demand through to supply deliverables.
We are looking for someone with exceptional relationship management style, you will ensure timely and accurate purchasing and procurement, reducing costs to get product to market as well as building and maintaining strong supplier relationships.
Ensuring the timely shipping and clearance into NZ of all international goods & managing the supply balancing between Smith&Smith® DCs - the measures of a successful PL include:
- Minimized out of stock instances
- Minimized stock write off costs
- DIFOT compliance
- Forecast accuracy
- Inventory days and inventory turnover
The Planning Lead position is the planning expert across demand, supply and inventory with responsibility for the smooth running of inventory at all times. As the successful PL, you will provide cover across other roles in the Planning team as required and strive to successfully deliver projects to completion as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the inventory planning team and all planning tasks ensuring optimal product availability to branches and customers
- Developing, implementing and managing inventory policy within agreed guidelines
- Developing and operating a planning process to ensure storage and sourcing capacity is resourced to meet future volume requirements
- Liaising with key glass suppliers to ensure optimal turnaround on order fulfilment and development of new products
- Developing and managing optimal ‘route to market’ for buy-in product and implement processes around the business to ensure that customer booking and glass supply are in alignment
- Creating and maintaining the glass purchasing framework
- Understanding the key cost drivers and focus development efforts to innovate in these areas to reduce costs without impacting service levels
- Identifying demand forecast risks and developing effective mitigation plans
The role will be collaborative and engage purposefully at all levels across the business. You will also need to be able to engage in an inspiring manner with colleagues and other stakeholder groups through bringing to life the Belron values.
- Published on 11 Feb 2021, 12:10 AM