Yes to together.
Yes Agency and Optus work as one team, from product development to creative execution. This close collaboration sets us apart from external agencies. It enables us to deliver experiences people genuinely want in a way that inspires and excites.
‘Yes’ has never been more important than right now. As Optus forges ahead, we’re building a team of Communications specialists that can challenge preconceptions and limitations to produce the best work around. Our goal is to be the most impactful on-campus creative agency in the region, for our people, partners and community.
Check out our most recent work here: https://www.yes.agency/
THE ROLE OF A JUNIOR DESIGNER/FINISHED ARTIST
We are looking for a Finished Artist to join our team. The role will sit within the Studio team of 7, and report to the Studio Manager.
As an integral member of our Studio, the Finished Artist will thrive in a fast‑paced environment, enjoy learning industry standard skills from the best, all the while producing a wide variety of print, digital & 3D work to the highest standard. Every day you’ll get to bring creative ideas to life!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Agency life is never dull and each day is different. Your responsibilities will include:
- Learning and applying brand guidelines consistently across all artwork
- Developing print ready artwork from creative scamps, cut and glue mockups by hand
- Creating artwork files for press ads, catalogues, retail POS items, retail environments, OOH (inc print & digital formats), short and long form copy documents
- Updating artwork with client amends through rounds of approvals
- Juggling workload to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Managing filing & job online systems
- Providing support to the creative & production teams
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU’LL IDEALLY HAVE
- 1 - 2 years experience of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Word & PPT to craft artwork from supplied design files
- Ability to create print ready artwork plus gain a better understanding of pre‑press and colour profiling
- Experience with html 5 coding, you will be required to learn adZU online software and have an interest in 3D drawing/rendering
- Perhaps you are currently a graphic artist or designer but realised your core skills are in the technical side, and bringing other's designs to life - if so we’d love to hear from you too!
- You’re naturally a great team player with a collaborative spirit
- You have a methodical and organised approach: we work to fixed deadlines, so you will manage your time well and communicate conflicts or issues with the studio/project manager before deadlines hit
- You’re focused on the little things: attention to detail is paramount (especially for this role), as is following process to make sure everything is delivered correctly and on time
- You have the ability to adjust quickly and think on your feet
- You have a 'can-do' attitude and are open to new ways of working
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Set yourself up for a successful and lengthy career in the ever growing advertising industry ‑ gain valuable skills and experience on the job, learning industry standard skills from the best!
- See your artwork in market, nationally
- Join a fun, collaborative, supportive team
- Bright, open plan office space
- Flexible work options (mix of office based in Macquarie Park and work from home)
- A range of cafes and food outlets, as well as a post office, convenience store, and dry cleaning service onsite
- Discounted gym membership at on‑site gym, tennis, table tennis and basketball
- Weekly on-campus events such as fresh food market stalls, seasonal activities, festivals, cultural & sport celebrations.
- Mobile phone budget each month
- Monthly agency social events around Sydney’s metro
- You’re own LinkedIn Learning portal - we have a strong focus on career development and training
- Subsidised transport - Optus Employee Buses to and from Wynyard & Epping each morning and afternoon
At Yes Agency we offer a fun, inclusive and high performance culture, where you can bring your best and true self to work everyday.
Where mentoring, flexible and innovative ways of working and generous Parental Leave are just some of the benefits of working as part of the wider M&C Saatchi Group.
With 9 diverse businesses across the Group, you’ll find a wealth of experience, talent and career paths.
And hopefully, a second family.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we’d love to hear from you.