Perpetual is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Financial Adviser to join our growing team based in Perth.
Excellence, Integrity, Partnership
At Perpetual we know our people are responsible for our continued success. An investment in the growth of our people is an investment in the future of our business, so you’ll be challenged and supported in this exciting role based in Perth.
The role of a Senior Financial Advisor is focused on providing professional and high quality financial planning services to all new and existing Perpetual Private clients. Assisting in implementing the annual business plan & segment strategy by generating new business and referral sources.
What will you be doing?
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics about the opportunity:
- Prepare & present strategic financial plans to prospective clients & provide ongoing strategic & investment reviews to existing clients
- Provide expertise & support to a specific market segment
- Develop new business by completing prospecting activities & converting leads provided from a variety of sources, including client referrals & introductions from alliance partners
- Participate in & conduct seminars organised by Perpetual Private & follow up leads as required
- Maintain deep advice relationships with existing clients and seek referrals from these clients
- Cross sell fiduciary/philanthropy/tax/risk advisory services & product opportunities to client base
- Collaborate in the development of the Pod business plan & implement business plan, including channels to generate new business & referral sources
- Collaborate with the paraplanning team, Associate Financial Advisers and other internal teams to manage the preparation of strategic financial plans and other ongoing workflow
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience could include:
- Working towards a FASEA approved pathway, FASEA relevant degree, ADFP, DFP, Financial Services or equivalent
- Completion of mandated CPD training & development each year
- 10 years in financial services industry experience and a minimum 5 years financial planning experience
- Business development skills with strong networks in aligned specialist segment
- Provision of financial advice to specific client segment coupled with strong relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic financial planning and advisory skills
- Desirable experience in providing Financial Advice to a specific client segment eg. High Net Wealth Clients, Business Owners, Philanthropic Investors, NFPs
Why should you join Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and offering an environment where diversity of thought is encouraged. Through wars, recessions and financial crises, we have continually evolved to meet the challenges of constant social, technological and economic change. This makes Perpetual a great place to work – a place where you can grow, thrive and make a difference in people's lives. Our culture is underpinned by our three core values: Excellence – delivering exceptional outcomes; Integrity – doing what’s right; and Partnership – succeeding together. We will continue to earn the trust of our clients in everything we do by staying true to our core values and financial principles.
Our vision is for a better, more equal Australia, where every child can go to school, grow up, have a job and make a contribution. Where every community is safe to live, work and play. As a corporate leader, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognise our social and economic responsibility to create opportunities for greater participation in the economy by all Australians.
For the third year running, Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. We are proud to be acknowledged for a culture where diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone has a voice.
What’s in it for you?
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything you'd expect, and more.
- What would you do with an additional week’s leave each year?
- An employee share plan and discounted financial advice?
- How about the flexibility to balance work and family life?
- Not to mention parental leave and a return to work bonus.
- There’s only one way to find out – join the team at Perpetual!
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. A member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.
#THRIVE #ACHIEVE #GROW