- To enable our People and Perpetual to do great things and grow together
At Perpetual we know our people are responsible for our continued success. An investment in the growth of our people is an investment in the future of our business, so you’ll be challenged and supported in this exciting role within the Perpetual Digital team based in Sydney.
Perpetual Digital is a new and growing fintech product development unit ,built on the foundations of Perpetual Corporate Trust (PCT), which has been involved in the Australian securitisation industry since its inception in the 1980s. PCT continues to provide a link between issuers, the Reserve Bank of Australia and the investment community through its Australian Data Warehouse, a proprietary database and platform that supports standardisation, transparency and comparability in the securitisation market. Today, we’re going further with Perpetual Digital to grow the industry and support our clients in managing funding, risk, regulatory, market and technological change.
The role will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of software product, platform services, and infrastructure that powers the Perpetual Business Intelligence platform with a specific focus on front end web application development, API development and data engineering. This is a role with broad technical responsibilities across all our products with greenfield projects and technologies, as well as shared management of the broader platform. The role will play a key part in shaping the Perpetual Business Intelligence Platform.
What will you be doing?
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics about the opportunity:
- translating business requirements to efficient application code
- write efficient, clean, tested and documented code ready for reuse by others
- coordinate with cross functional developers
- creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Delivery environments
- Support product development and delivery teams
- Manage the Azure DevOps CI/CD pipeline and automation processes.
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience could include:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or comparable industry experience
- minimum of 5 years of working experience as a front-end developer
- hands on experience using Angular, HTML, .net, C#, SQL
- experience with GIT / DevOps source control and CI tools
- work experience with Azure technologies and services (ADF, DevOps, Logic Apps, Web Functions, etc.)
- C#, .NET Core, and PowerShell (3+ years)
- Substantive background in the Microsoft BI Cloud offering (Azure, Power BI, SQL Server)
- Strong communications skills to engage with internal and external stakeholders in the business ranging from Analysts to Senior Management
- Experience in working in an agile product team
- Self-motivation and commitment suitable to a start-up team.
Why should you join Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and offering an environment where diversity of thought is encouraged. Through wars, recessions and financial crises, we have continually evolved to meet the challenges of constant social, technological and economic change. This makes Perpetual a great place to work – a place where you can grow, thrive and make a difference in people's lives. Our culture is underpinned by our three core values: Excellence – delivering exceptional outcomes; Integrity – doing what’s right; and Partnership – succeeding together. We will continue to earn the trust of our clients in everything we do by staying true to our core values and financial principles.
Our vision is for a better, more equal Australia, where every child can go to school, grow up, have a job and make a contribution. Where every community is safe to live, work and play. As a corporate leader, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognise our social and economic responsibility to create opportunities for greater participation in the economy by all Australians.
For the third year running, Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. We are proud to be acknowledged for a culture where diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone has a voice.
What’s in it for you?
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything you'd expect, and more.
- What would you do with an additional week’s leave each year?
- An employee share plan and discounted financial advice?
- How about the flexibility to balance work and family life?
- Not to mention parental leave and a return to work bonus.
- There’s only one way to find out – join the team at Perpetual!
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. A member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.
#CONNECT #DEVELOP #ACHIEVE