Excellence, Integrity, Partnership
At Perpetual we know our people are responsible for our continued success. An investment in the growth of our people is an investment in the future of our business, so you’ll be challenged and supported in this exciting role based in Sydney.
The role of Head of Compliance is focused on leading a team of Compliance professionals. While maintaining and implementing the Compliance Framework to ensure Perpetual executes its strategy in accordance with all regulatory requirements and continuously delivers good client outcomes.
What will you be doing?
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics about the opportunity:
- Lead, support and inspire members of the Compliance team approx. 9 professionals for performance and development
- Work with the CRO leadership team and senior stakeholders to drive good risk culture and good risk outcomes across the Perpetual Group
- Work with the Risk and Compliance business partners and the business teams to implement all aspects of the Compliance Framework including Regulatory change management, Compliance policies, plans, training, monitoring, Licence management and Breach reporting
- Manage the relationship and interactions with all regulators
- Lead by example to foster a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration across the broader CRO teams
- Assist in developing and delivering the CRO team strategy
- Positively contribute to all aspects of the CRO leadership team discussions, debate and decision making
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience could include:
- 15+ years’ experience in compliance functions and experience as a people leader with a degree qualification in legal, business, finance or accounting
- Highly experienced compliance professional with a strong background in financial services, wealth management or asset management
- A proven leader of teams with supportive team management skills
- The individual will have a strategic mindset with experience working with and presenting to senior stakeholders and leadership teams
- Ability to be able to articulate strategy to colleagues and leadership at all levels across the organisation
- Self-motivated with a focus on delivering demonstratable outcomes that support the overall company strategy
Why should you join Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and offering an environment where diversity of thought is encouraged. Through wars, recessions and financial crises, we have continually evolved to meet the challenges of constant social, technological and economic change. This makes Perpetual a great place to work – a place where you can grow, thrive and make a difference in people's lives. Our culture is underpinned by our three core values: Excellence – delivering exceptional outcomes; Integrity – doing what’s right; and Partnership – succeeding together. We will continue to earn the trust of our clients in everything we do by staying true to our core values and financial principles.
Our vision is for a better, more equal Australia, where every child can go to school, grow up, have a job and make a contribution. Where every community is safe to live, work and play. As a corporate leader, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognise our social and economic responsibility to create opportunities for greater participation in the economy by all Australians.
For the third year running, Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. We are proud to be acknowledged for a culture where diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone has a voice.
What’s in it for you?
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything you'd expect, and more.
- What would you do with an additional week’s leave each year?
- An employee share plan and discounted financial advice?
- How about the flexibility to balance work and family life?
- Not to mention parental leave and a return to work bonus.
- There’s only one way to find out – join the team at Perpetual
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. A member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.
#THRIVE #ACHIEVE #GROW