- Don’t just join another company – be part of something special.
At Perpetual we know our people are responsible for our continued success. An investment in the growth of our people is an investment in the future of our business, so you’ll be challenged and supported in this exciting role within the Legal, Audit, Risk CoSec & Compliance Division team based in Sydney.
As a trusted advisor to our business, you’ll be responsible for providing legal solutions with a strong commercial overlay. You’ll also be responsible for strengthening and embedding the strategic model in a collaborative legal team. In addition, you will provide high quality legal advice in relation to funds management business domestic and internationally. You will play an integral role in the organisation’s investment, operations and other business activities and participate in special projects/assignments of strategic importance to the organisation.
What will you be doing?
You will play a key role in advising the Group on a wide range of strategic legal matters, responsibilities include:
- Providing high level, complex general and specific legal advice to the business in relation to their funds management business
- Providing front-end legal advice to the investment management business, providing general legal and compliance advice as required
- Identifying commercial and legal risks and working with the business to address the risks
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, including project teams, external lawyers, and others parties as and when required.
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience could include:
- Degree qualified with a current NSW practicing certificate or admission to practice as a solicitor in an Australian jurisdiction
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in financial services law and funds management- you will have gained your experience working for a leading law firm or undertaking a similar in-house role in Australia
- Solid experience in the areas of providing advice on managed investment schemes ,including drafting and negotiating the following agreements:
- custody and administration arrangements;
- investment management agreements
- Disclosure documentation;
- brokerage agreements;
- platform agreements
- distribution and marketing arrangements;
- Experience in advising on superannuation funds will be viewed favourably
- Confident, enthusiastic, self-starter, works well under pressure, takes ownership and holds themselves and their team accountable
- Ability to drive delivery of timely advice in a dynamic business and flexible working environment
- Ability to work independently and provide strategic input on complex matters.
Why should you join Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and offering an environment where diversity of thought is encouraged. Through wars, recessions and financial crises, we have continually evolved to meet the challenges of constant social, technological and economic change. This makes Perpetual a great place to work – a place where you can grow, thrive and make a difference in people's lives. Our culture is underpinned by our three core values: Excellence – delivering exceptional outcomes; Integrity – doing what’s right; and Partnership – succeeding together. We will continue to earn the trust of our clients in everything we do by staying true to our core values and financial principles.
Our vision is for a better, more equal Australia, where every child can go to school, grow up, have a job and make a contribution. Where every community is safe to live, work and play. As a corporate leader, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognise our social and economic responsibility to create opportunities for greater participation in the economy by all Australians.
For the third year running, Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. We are proud to be acknowledged for a culture where diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone has a voice.
What’s in it for you?
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything you'd expect, and more.
- What would you do with an additional week’s leave each year?
- An employee share plan and discounted financial advice?
- How about the flexibility to balance work and family life?
- Not to mention parental leave and a return to work bonus.
- There’s only one way to find out – join the team at Perpetual!
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. Please note Perpetual will be closed from 19th of December 2020 to 10th of January 2021. During this period there will be no recruitment activity and/or any applications reviewed. We invite you to apply for the position and your application will be reviewed upon our return in January 2021.
#CONNECT #DEVELOP #ACHIEVE