Perpetual is seeking a motivated and experienced Associate Financial Adviser to join our growing team in a newly created position.
Excellence, Integrity, Partnership
At Perpetual we know our people are responsible for our continued success. An investment in the growth of our people is an investment in the future of our business, so you’ll be challenged and supported in this exciting role based in Melbourne.
This role of a Associate Financial Adviser is focused on providing ongoing client service and high-quality support to Financial Advisers, Partners and Clients.
What will you be doing?
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics about the opportunity:
- Attend and actively participate in client meetings to support the Financial Advisers in the provision of a highly personal and compelling client experience
- Arrange & coordinate documentation for client meetings
- Oversee the preparation of annual review and new business plans including development of draft strategies, financial modelling, completion of fact find data and other inputs needed to complete advice instructions
- Undertake insurance needs analysis and preparation of insurance quotes
- Manage workflow to deliver to client needs. Maintain an understanding of operational processes for other teams including paraplanning and operations.
- Monitor client accounts & team dashboards & maintain client records
- Act as the key liaison for the Financial Advisers within the team/pod, administrative and operational team for the purposes of escalations and investigations.
- Assist Financial Advisers to resolve client requests including the provision of ad hoc investment advice via Records of Advice
- Oversee implementation of advice recommendations & keep clients updated regarding progress.
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience could include:
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a Paraplanning, Associate Adviser or related financial services role
- FASEA Approved Degree or FASEA Approved pathway
- Completed professional year or working towards (where applicable) and FASEA CPD training & development
What you’ll need to stand out:
- Working knowledge of investments & advice strategies including superannuation, retirement and cashflow modelling
- Working knowledge of Estate Planning, philanthropy, aged care and debt management strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organisational and relationship building skills
- Experience with Xplan and client facing role providing strong customer service
Why should you join Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and offering an environment where diversity of thought is encouraged. Through wars, recessions and financial crises, we have continually evolved to meet the challenges of constant social, technological and economic change. This makes Perpetual a great place to work – a place where you can grow, thrive and make a difference in people's lives. Our culture is underpinned by our three core values: Excellence – delivering exceptional outcomes; Integrity – doing what’s right; and Partnership – succeeding together. We will continue to earn the trust of our clients in everything we do by staying true to our core values and financial principles.
Our vision is for a better, more equal Australia, where every child can go to school, grow up, have a job and make a contribution. Where every community is safe to live, work and play. As a corporate leader, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognise our social and economic responsibility to create opportunities for greater participation in the economy by all Australians.
For the third year running, Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. We are proud to be acknowledged for a culture where diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone has a voice.
What’s in it for you?
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything you'd expect, and more.
- What would you do with an additional week’s leave each year?
- An employee share plan and discounted financial advice?
- How about the flexibility to balance work and family life?
- Not to mention parental leave and a return to work bonus.
- There’s only one way to find out – join the team at Perpetual!
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. A member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.
#THRIVE #ACHIEVE #GROW