- Fractional Permanent Position Available
- VMO/Staff Specialist Contract to be negotiated with successful applicant
- The successful applicant’s will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration.
Applications are invited for the position of Specialist Anaesthetist at Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW). The position is to job share in a supportive, ANZCA accredited department with an existing permanent Specialist Anaesthetist, creating a unique work-life balance with attractive fee-for-service renumeration. The role is suitable either as a commute from Melbourne four days a month or there is ample work available both in public and private for those looking to relocate to this beautiful region and work full time.
NHW is the major regional health service and specialist referral facility for Northeast Victoria. It serves a population of approximately 102,000, performs over 6,500 procedures a year and has over 19,000 inpatient episodes and 25,000 Emergency Department attendances a year and approximately 700 births per year. We have onsite radiology, pathology and blood bank service. NHW provides a wide range of acute specialist medical and surgical services, an emergency department, critical care unit (ICU, HDU, CCU), obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, specialised aged care, medical oncology services, community rehabilitation, inpatient, community, aged and psycho-geriatric mental health services.
Wangaratta is under three hours drive from Melbourne. Wangaratta is set in a magnificent rural setting with snow fields, rivers, vineyards, national parks and a host of recreational activities on offer. It has over 11 schools including private Catholic and Anglican schooling options for pre-year 12. It is within 45 minute drive to Albury which is a large rural city that has also has a regional airport. Check out our region at www.visitwangaratta.com.au/Home
The position is to commence in February/March 2024 to provide anaesthesia and perioperative medicine services for Elective and Emergency surgery and Acute Pain Management across a range of surgical specialities. The oncall commitment is just one weekday a month and one weekend day every two months. The successful applicant would be required to reside within call-in range of the Health Service when oncall. In addition, there are opportunities to contribute to teaching and training of University of Melbourne medical students, accredited ANZCA Registrars and participate in international research support by an active Clinical Trials and Research team.
Competitive remuneration, novated leasing and full salary packaging benefits Available. If you have relocated permanently you may also be able to substantially increase your take-home pay by salary packaging some or all of your relocation costs.
Applying for the role:
- Enquiries can be made with Dr Jade Radnor, Director of Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine via the Medical Workforce Unit: email@example.com or phone (03) 5722 5066
- Confirmation of full Covid-19 and Influenza Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required upon application
- A PD for this role can be downloaded below or at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- Applications must address the key selection criteria from the PD
- Employment Statutory Declaration form must be submitted with your application
- To apply for this position hit Apply Now/Join Now or head over to our careers page at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- All additional documents can be uploaded within the application after filling in the key selection criteria
- Applications close Wednesday, 14th February 2024
NHW do not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment companies
- Published on 16 Jan 2024, 10:44 PM