Are you looking for a challenging position with an expanding company? Our team values your support role as an important part of our growth.
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
The Batu Hijau Project located on Sumbawa Island is a large copper/gold mining operation located 250km east of Bali. Macmahon's mining contract is an Alliance project with PT Aman Mineral Nusa Tenggara (PT AMNT) includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
We are now seeking an energetic Technical Advisor to work on this operation living on site working a 5 days on 2 days off roster or alternatively fly in/fly out roster to point of hire working 20 days on and 10 days off. The Batu Hijau camp site is well appointed with SOS Medical, sports facilities (includes swimming pool, golf pit, soccer field, basket field, tennis courts and music studio), beautiful beaches, on site mini-mart and restaurants close by and on the beach.
The primary focus of the role is to mentor and coach the national workforce in best operating practices. You will be actively out on the field 90% of your time to ensure the business achieve its safety, quality, cultural awareness and other strategic imperatives via operational excellence across the Alliance maintenance operations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure implementation of, and adherence to, Macmahon and statutory HSEQ requirements across the Maintenance area;
- Apply effective management process to ensure maintenance operations are executed in line with alliance principles whilst ensuring financial outcomes are maximized and risks are minimized;
- Build a strong culture within the maintenance area to ensure equipment can achieve operating KPIs for both availability and reliability;
- Build a competent, engaged and performance driven maintenance workforce and provides appropriate development opportunities to build internal capability;
- Champion site alliance values to ensure they are firmly embedded in the team’s culture;
- Maintenance manage the sites large fleet of mining equipment including PH4100s Shovels, 500t/300t Hitachi and Liebherr Excavators, 120x 793 Cat Trucks and all associated ancillary fleet including the onsite machine & component rebuild centre;
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- 8+ years’ trade experience working on heavy mining equipment;
- Ability to advise and motivate national maintenance teams to achieve high standards of safety and quality;
- Strong knowledge of primarily Caterpillar Mining Equipment;
- Sound computer skills and familiar with dealer programs such as SIS;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with other cultures;
- Up to date and accredited in standard HSEQ processes, working at heights, air conditioning, slinging and rigging, jacking and blocking;
You will need to be a self-starter who can work unsupervised, hands on with the national workforce. Previous experience on large hydraulic excavators and electric shovels would be considered highly advantageous.
If these challenges appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application.