- Job no: RXAXT
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance, Serviceperson
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon has been awarded the contract in December 2017 to provide surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions to Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project.
Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project is located 20km west of Laverton, being approximately 750km northeast of Perth in Western Australia. Macmahon has just been awarded the contract to provide surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions to the project.
Macmahon is seeking for experienced Serviceperson to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Project Site on a 2:1 roster. You will be responsible for refuelling and service work on a wide range of equipment including Cat dump trucks and ancillary equipment as well as Hitachi excavators.
Roles and responsibilities not limited to the following;
- Service and maintain all mobile plant- Dump trucks, dozers, graders, excavators (mostly Caterpillar fleet)
- Assist Heavy Duty Fitters to service and maintain all mobile plant either on site or in maintenance
- Operate fuel truck- pull out hose reels for fuel, grease, water and oils from tray of truck (against resistance between waist and shoulder height)
- Climb over the machinery to access and check all grease points, fluid levels and access refilling points.
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Previous mechanical experience working on heavy open cut mining equipment, Cat experience is preferred
- Minimum of a manual 'HR' class driver's license
- The ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
- Time management skills
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
If successful you will enjoy:
- Permanent employment on a long term project
- Competitive remuneration
- Working in a safe efficient operation
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive team environment
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.
Job Reference: MMGP/SP
- Published on 02 Sep 2019, 9:30 AM