- Job no: NJ88N
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance
The project is a coal operation in the Bowen Basin area, located near Glenden, and is estimated to produce up to 10 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year.
Macmahon are currently seeking a site-based Maintenance Supervisor to join the Byerwen team. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the position is responsible for providing effective supervision to the plant maintenance crews in order to deliver the requirements regarding of safety, leadership, plant service delivery and cost.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
- Ensure all allocated equipment on site is maintained to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) standards and provided ‘fit for purpose’ to the mining operations teams for safe and efficient use in achieving the business plan
- Ensure that all servicing and repairs are carried out to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate all plant maintenance, servicing and repair activities to optimise the operation of the project fleet
- Support the Maintenance Superintendent in analysing plant delays, equipment failures and safety issues by investigation, problem solving and the formulation of maintenance plans
- Monitor maintenance activities, identifying non-conformance to KPI and applying corrective actions to rectify
- Maintain job planning boards and regularly monitor performance
- Liaise with breakdown coordinator to facilitate daily damage and breakdown/downtime reports
- Maintain, service, and repair plant and equipment
- Ensure that the Coal Mining Act and Regulations are adhered to at all times
- Ensure the maintenance operations are managed in accordance with the Queensland Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 and the Queensland Safety and Health Regulation 2001
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of a range of heavy earthmoving equipment and ancillary plant.
- Detailed knowledge of mining and safety regulations
- Mechanical knowledge to a level of understanding equipment capabilities, maintenance scheduling and preventative maintenance methods
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience
- Not less than five years trade experience as a tradesperson
- Standard 11 induction
- Coal Board Medical
- Drivers Licence (manual)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
If the position is of interest to you and you feel that you meet the above criteria, please apply now!
- Published on 27 Jun 2019, 12:48 AM