- Job no: EMA6Q
- Categories: Training
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon are currently seeking two site-based Maintenance Trainers to support our surface mining operations at Byerwen coal mine. Reporting to the Training Coordinator, the position is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all maintenance training requirements to ensure site personnel can perform their roles in accordance with site and industry standards, whilst adhering to Macmahon policies and procedures.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
- Identify training needs for personnel;
- Liaise with supervisors regarding training matters;
- Coordinate and execute training and assessment in accordance with Macmahon training standards and site-specific training plan, ensuring that all training and assessment is current and meets Client, Macmahon and legislative requirements;
- Develop, monitor and maintain proficiency for operation of equipment to a high standard;
- Undertake field observations for performance of personnel operating procedures; (technique, equipment abuse, work area set up etc. minimum once daily);
- Assist with site training audits as required;
- Ensure training documentation is completed correctly and filed/archived as required;
- Ensure training data is entered and updated in the HR & Training database;
- Generate weekly training forecasts in consultation with supervisors;
- Provide regular updates to shift supervisors on training progress of their direct reports;
- Identify any out-of-date, inaccurate or unsuitable content in site training material and bring to the attention of HSE Advisors;
- Actively participate in the review of internal training packages and providers; and
- Ensure site training compliance of minimum 90%
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Competencies from the TAE10 suite of competency standards relevant to the training and/or assessment being provided; or
- Possession of an equivalent training qualification; and
- Driver’s licence;
- Relevant Mining Industry experience essential;
- A sound understanding of relevant legislation;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work within a team environment.
If the position is of interest to you and you feel that you meet the above criteria, please apply now!
- Published on 25 Aug 2019, 11:41 PM