- Job no: B34AQ
- Categories: Plan Operator or Plant Operations,
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
- Both 2 weeks on 1 week off and 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rosters on offer
- Possibility to commute from various Australian capital cities for suitable candidates
- Roles located across multiple sites Australia-wide
We are currently collecting expressions of interest from experienced Raise Bore Drillers to join our underground Team. Those roles will suit candidates with demonstrated experience in raise bore drilling.
Both 2 weeks on (7dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts) 1 week on and 2 weeks on (7dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts) 2 weeks off roster are on offer and there is a possibility for suitable candidates to commute for various Australian capital cities.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Operating a drill rig in a safe manner and in accordance to our standards and procedures;
- Installing, assembling and removing the drill rig if required;
- Preparing the work area and assuring it says safe and clean through the duration of the shift;
- Conducting maintenance checks on the drill and carrying out basic preventative maintenance where required;
- Actively participating in improving the safety culture on site; and
- Reporting all accidents, incidents, hazards and near misses using the correct procedures.
- Well-established experience as a raise bore driller;
- Willingness to champion our safety culture and commit to our safety values;
- Excellent work ethic with demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as a part of the team;
- Working Safely at Heights and Confined Spaces tickets; and
- Current Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 07 Aug 2019, 7:18 AM