- Job no: X6RJQ
- Category: Engineering
With international offices in Africa, Australia, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals; infrastructure and process industries.
Due to a growing level of secured studies and projects we are looking for a Design Manager to join our Perth team.
Reporting to the Group Manager Engineering, you will lead design management activities in consultation with all project stakeholders to ensure that standards of technical compliance, quality, cost, safety, sustainability and environmental performance are observed and that time schedules are met.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Monitoring the progress and performance of the project design team, giving input and providing feedback and support where necessary.
- Coordinating the multi-discipline design and drafting resources assigned to allocated tasks to achieve agreed deliverable dates and man-hour budgets.
- Consistently providing engineering designs and solutions within agreed milestone dates and to a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
You will possess:
- Relevant tertiary education qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical or equivalent).
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in mineral processing or related industries.
- Demonstrated credentials in mechanical engineering design for studies and detailed design.
- High attention to detail and exceptional knowledge across a broad range of disciplines.
- Excellent written, communication and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high quality service to Clients within budget and time constraints.
- Extensive understanding of mine operation challenges, expectations, requirements and risk management process
- Willingness to travel (within and outside Australia) on short-term assignments for site support and key client engagement.
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders, including Clients.
- Commitment to continuously seek improvement in engineering solutions and design with a focus on new technologies and innovation.
- Ability to work with mining operations to identify opportunities and win work for the business.
- Intuitive leadership skills with the ability to initiate, lead and manage change in a complex environment.
- Proven commitment to provide mentoring and identify avenues of professional development and succession planning to personnel within your team.
- Experience in gold, base metals ore or lithium preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding company that has built its success on a solid reputation of delivering world-class projects, providing reliable and flexible service and developing long-term customer relationships.
All applications are held in the strictest of confidence.
We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
If you are not able to apply via the 'Apply' button, please visit our careers website https://www.lycopodium.com/join-us/
- Published on 05 Aug 2022, 4:26 AM