- Job no: QTBEX
- Category: Commercial, Project Services
- A • Managing of Site Materials for Ahafo Project - Demand and supply
- B• Expediting safe deliveries of materials onshore and ensuring proper handling from Port to Ahafo North site.
- C • Supporting Project stakeholders.
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a Senior Materials Controller to join our growing Project team in Ahafo North.
Reporting to the Materials Manager the Senior Materials Controller will be responsible for the readiness of material in line with the System of Work, Planning Function, Material Suppliers / Sources and Material Delivery in line with Project, Client, and Company requirements.
The tasks you'll perform.
- Perform materials control tasks on site including receipt, storage, preservation, and issuance of materials for installation on site.
- Ensure all the Manuals of Materials (Instructions, procedures etc.) are accurate and update to meet the company’s standard requirement.
- Be directly involved with the in-country transportation of all equipment from the Port to Site.
- Manage the storage of all equipment requiring “storage maintenance” and document the work carried out.
- Ensure the quality of output of the vendor or contractor is managed in accordance with the Project Quality Plan and applicable contracted terms and conditions.
- Maintaining optimum inventory levels working in conjunction with the Project team.
The expertise you'll bring
- Provide specialist advice in designated areas of expertise.
- Ability to work with people at all levels within an organisation and external providers.
- Mentoring junior Material Controllers within the team.
- Act in the Materials Manager position during their absence.
- Development of key strategies and procedures to support business objectives.
The benefits we'll provide
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.