- Job no: Q943H
- Category: Engineering
With offices in Australia, Philippines, Africa, and Canada, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a STRUCTURAL ENGINEER to join our growing Engineering team in Manila, Philippines.
Reporting to the General Manager the Structural Engineer will.....
- Provide proficient and accurate design input for the production of civil drawings.
- Ensure correctly specified equipment is sourced to meet project deliverables.
- Develop designs in accordance with Project, Client and regulatory standards.
- Work collaboratively with personnel across all business units.
The tasks you'll perform
- Perform accurate engineering design and calculations for foundation, concrete and steel structures.
- Interpret engineering drawings, documents, specifications, and scopes.
- Identify scope variations and prepare relevant documentation accordingly.
- Conduct timely reviews of project structural and civil drawings to achieve full compliance with design intent.
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering drawings using CAD software.
- Liaise with and provide professional support to drafting team in the preparation of drawing deliverables.
- Develop technical documentation including scopes of work and specifications using relevant Australian and industry standards and guidelines.
- Produce accurate engineering lists including but not limited to equipment, lubrication, spares, valves, pipeline, chute work, platework.
- Provide accurate material take-offs as and when required.
- Evaluate tenders and provide technical recommendations for the purchase of structural and civil equipment from vendors where necessary.
- Review vendor certified documentation and disseminate the information to the appropriate personnel for interface checking.
- Assist with the delivery of Project documentation in relation to scope, quantities, cost and schedule (man-hour budgets, design schedules and estimates).
- Register and file all relevant project documentation in accordance to the Company approved procedures.
- Work in conjunction with a range of internal and external stakeholders to meet project design criteria and deliverables.
- Contribute to engineers in training professional development by providing consistent mentoring and identify avenues of development.
- Proactively support other team members as required to ensure Project deliverables are met.
- Travel on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and its operations.
The expertise you'll bring
- Safety in Design
- Knowledge & Application of Australian & Government Standards
- Load Assessment - SMP
- Structural System/Frame Selection
- Structural Analysis
- Cross-Disciplinary Considerations
- Risk Assessment Judgement
- Durability, Corrosion & Protective Coating Systems
- Preparation of Scopes of Work, Design Criteria and Contract Documents
- Fabrication & Construction Processes Support
- Resource & Schedule Management
- Third Party Management
- Knowledge of Statutory Frameworks & Regulations
- Rainfall and Runoff - Estimation
- Knowledge of Industry & Structures
- Design & Assessment of Earthworks, Roads, Hydrology, Sewers
- Rainfall and Runoff - Drain and Culvert Sizing
- Survey and Survey Data Interpretation and Use
- Estimating Quantities and Costs
- Knowledge of Materials and Proprietary Products
- Cross-Disciplinary Considerations and Communication
- Software & Spreadsheets
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Preparing Specifications & Design Criteria
- Models & Drawings - direction to Designers
- Site Construction Processes Support
- Calculations – Sewers & Mass Haul
- Pavement & Pond Design
- Engineering Resource & Schedule Management
Qualification and Experience:
- Qualifications in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Min 4 years post graduate proven experience in structural design, particularly in steel and concrete structures for mineral processing plants and/or related industries
- Proven experience managing the interaction with Clients on design and drafting issues
- Extremely well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and exceptional knowledge of engineering designs and calculations
- Solid work experience with engineering consultancies that specialise in minerals processing
The benefits we'll provide
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
- Closes in 24 days - 01 Sep 2022
- Published on 19 Jul 2022, 3:41 AM