- Job no: NG8JG
- Category: Projects
- International EPCM Company
- Concept to Commissioning EPCM project delivery
- Be a key part of organic business growth
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals; infrastructure and process industries. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a rich and diverse career.
ADP (a Lycopodium business) is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our growing team of seasoned professionals in Cape Town.
As ADP experiences organic business growth as a result of awarded studies and projects, this critical technical leadership role is responsible for overall project delivery and its resources. This role will underpin results delivery in alignment with our gold based clients and project requirements.
The tasks you will perform:
- To plan, co-ordinate and manage the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of assigned projects and studies, including taking a leadership role in the preparation of proposals.
- Ensure the quality of output of allocated project team(s), and that it is aligned with the needs of the project / study, the company objectives, the requirements of the client, and meets regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the management and technical competence of the project team in the delivery of the projects / studies is enhanced and developed to meet the requirements of the Clients and their projects in accordance with the contract.
- Develop and maintain the various project specific procedures, work practices, plans and protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the project control (reporting, costs, schedule, trends and change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs in accordance with the contract and in-house procedures.
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders, including Clients.
The expertise you'll bring:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years proven experience in minerals processing and related industries
- Experience in gold minerals processing and working on projects in Africa is critical
- Demonstrated success taking a medium size green fields gold project from concept phase to build and commissioning (Circa $250 million USD)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base in mineral processing plant and associated infrastructure construction.
- Demonstrate success and understanding of project implementation, constructability, OH&S, environmental, community and industrial relations issues.
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards within budget and schedule constraints.
- Exceptional organisational and leadership skills with a flair for delegation and strong capacity for clear thinking and planning.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary.
The benefits we'll provide
ADP/Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
If you are not able to apply via the 'Apply' button, please visit our careers website https://www.lycopodium.com/join-us/ .
By applying for a position with the Company and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being processed and retained for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment and potential employment. You confirm that you are responsible to ensure that we are advised of any updates on your information timeously. Processing of your personal information will be done in accordance with the applicable legislation.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Published on 09 May 2023, 1:22 PM