- Job no: G4KP9
- Category: Engineering
With offices in Australia, Canada, Africa and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Structural Design Engineer to join our growing Engineering team in Mississauga, ON.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering the Intermediate Structural Design Engineer will provide technical expertise and coordinate expertise from external sources to effectively complete project or study requirements.
The tasks you'll perform
Design Competence and Project Design
- Perform accurate engineering designs and calculations for concrete and steel structures foundations.
- Preparation of accurate Engineering Specifications, Design Basis and Scope of Work documents established at commencement of project.
- Coordinate Structural resources in a timely manner to allow preparation of deliverables.
- Ensure designs comply with applicable Study or Project specific Codes, Specifications and Standards.
- Conduct timely reviews of Project Structural drawings and 3D models to ensure full compliance with design intent.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest developments Project specific codes, standards and related engineering matters (Continuing Professional Development Statement).
- Review vendor certified documentation and drawings and comment where required (to be acted upon by the vendor in a timely manner).
- Disseminate vendor information to Structural Design Engineers and Designers.
Administration and Resource Management
- Manage and supervise Design teams to ensure the quality and timeliness of work produced in the development of Study / Project designs.
- Ensure Structural resources are effectively assigned to allocated tasks to achieve agreed deliverable dates and manhour budgets.
- Assist as directed in the accurate and timely preparation of man-hour budgets and design schedules for Study / EPCM estimates.
- Ensure that registration and filing of calculations and other relevant documentation occur from the commencement of Project in accordance with Lycopodium Procedure.
Internal / External Customer and Client Support
- Assist with on site / field engineering, commissioning and administrative activities when required.
- Provide design support as required for fabricators, fabrication detailers and Project construction sites and timely (TQ Procedure) response to their technical queries.
The expertise you'll bring
- University Degree in Structural Engineering or equal.
- More than 3 years post graduating – heavy industrial, mining experience preferred.
- PEO registration
- Familiarity with mining equipment structural requirements
- Ability to manage effectively the interaction with the Client on design and drafting issues.
- Demonstrate an ability to perform allocated tasks, unsupervised, within agreed milestone dates and to a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to manage design / drafting teams and achieve budget manhours and milestone deliverable dates.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical ability within the field of expertise.
- Proficient computer skills with the Microsoft suite of software packages, including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Projects.
- Demonstrated skills with the use of specific proprietary software packages relevant to the Engineering discipline, including Finite Element Analysis and Dynamic Analysis for concrete and steel structures.
- Demonstrate a good command of the English language and report writing skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work efficiently as an essential member within a team.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a practical approach to engineering problems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
The benefits we'll provide
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognize that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
- Closed 7 days ago - 01 Feb 2023