- Job no: EQATK
- Category: Drafting & Design
- International EPCM Company
- Growing pipeline of awarded projects
- Leverage your mining process plant experience
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals; infrastructure and process industries. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a rich and diverse career.
Due to the Company's current growth, Lycopodium is currently recruiting for Senior Mechanical Designers to join our dynamic and growing Perth based team.
Reporting to the Design Coordinator, the Senior Mechanical Designer will operate as an integral part of the drafting and design team in producing project drafting deliverables, developing conceptual designs for project implementation and providing leadership to the team as required.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Producing Lycopodium and industry standard models and design drawings from the design engineer calculations and sketches.
- Management of and responsibility for mechanical design and drafting resources assigned to allocated tasks to achieve agreed deliverable dates and budgets.
- Ensuring design drawings comply with all relevant Australian and International standards.
- Produce plant layouts from preliminary project data and design information.
- Reviewing of vendor drawings and design data.
- Ensuring project schedules and man-hour budgets are met for areas of assigned work.
- Maintaining progress details for drawings produced by personnel under their supervision.
- Work collaboratively with personnel across all business units.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in Mechanical Design/Drafting
- Proficiency in the design layout and detailing of materials handling and process plants (full plant layout experience is key)
- Effective supervision of drafting personnel
- Understanding of fabrication and construction techniques in the materials handling industry
- Experience with MicroStation 2D and 3D
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering Design Drafting
- Highly developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplined professional team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation.
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focusing on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Published on 08 Aug 2022, 2:30 AM