- Job no: 7CQB6
- Category: Drafting & Design
- International EPCM Company
- Long term opportunities
- Leverage your mining process plant experience
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for Lead/ Principal Mechanical Designers to join our growing Perth based team.
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals; infrastructure and process industries. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a rich and diverse career.
Reporting to the Design Coordinator the Lead / Principal Mechanical Designer will operate as an integral part of the drafting and design team in producing project drafting deliverables, developing conceptual designs for project implementation and providing leadership to the team as required.
The tasks you’ll perform:
- Producing Lycopodium and industry standard models and design drawings from the design engineer calculations and sketches.
- Management of and responsibility for mechanical design and drafting resources assigned to allocated tasks to achieve agreed deliverable dates and budgets.
- Ensuring design drawings comply with all relevant Australian and International standards.
- Produce plant layouts from preliminary project data and design information.
- Reviewing of vendor drawings and design data.
- Ensuring project schedules and man-hour budgets are met for areas of assigned work.
- Maintaining progress details for drawings produced by personnel under their supervision.
- Work collaboratively with personnel across all business units.
The expertise you’ll bring:
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in Mechanical Design/Drafting
- Ability to manage and lead a team of Mechanical Designers
- Proficiency in the design layout and detailing of materials handling and process plants (full plant layout experience is key for the principal role)
- Understanding of fabrication and construction techniques in the materials handling industry
- Experience with MicroStation 2D and 3D
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering Design Drafting
The benefits we’ll provide:
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
- Published on 08 Aug 2022, 2:29 AM