Luxury Escapes is one of the world's fastest growing online travel businesses, reaching up to 3.2 million unique travellers each month with exclusive limited time offers at 'insider' prices.
2020 will be an exciting time at Luxury Escapes as we look to grow our Technology Team in Melbourne.
We will be looking for a number of operationally skilled Software Engineers to ensure the Luxury Escapes Platform remains a class leading and innovative travel booking platform.
Key to our Technology team’s success is ensuring all Luxury Escapes members, vendors and internal teams have the best customer journey experience. We look for those that thrive on crafting software that is joyful to use.
Based in our South Melbourne offices working with a group of inclusive and collegiate team members your core duties and responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to software development of multiple applications and services and improve delivery and performance of such services.
- Write code according to established architecture and standards and to a high quality considering deadlines and scope
- Follow established patterns of software development and contribute to improvements in our processes and standards
- Be exemplary in your written and non-written communication with peers and stakeholders
- Ensure delivery progress is transparent, produce accurate estimates when able to do so, recognise situations that make estimation difficult, ask the right questions that eliminate delivery risks
- Develop a deep understanding of the Luxury Escapes business by engagement with technical and non-technical business people at all levels
- Assist and lead other team members with Code Review, Testing and validation
- Work on E2E Test cases, Continuous Delivery infrastructure and processes as necessary
As a team we value having your own strong opinion, while also collaborating effectively with those who might have a different opinion. We believe in giving our team members both autonomy and the responsibility for the end-result.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who are looking to move to a high growth, high traffic environment.
Who are you?
- A full-stack software engineer with proven corporate experience, ideally in a modern e-commerce environment
- An expert in web development with and solid understanding of node.js, React and PostgreSQL
- You’ll enjoy the challenges associated with learning new coding languages and frameworks
- Genuinely care about the quality of your code and the platform you are working on
What's in it for you?
- Fun, dynamic and fast paced work environment.
- A truly collaborative team
- Generous staff discount on travel deals.
- First class health and well-being program including onsite massages, yoga, meditation, corporate gym memberships and daily breakfast
- Fun & flexible working environment - work hard and play hard with 24/7 table tennis, Friday afternoon onsite gatherings (wine included!) and monthly celebration & recognition programs
If this sounds like you and you are wanting 2020 to be the beginning of something great drop us a line!
- Published on 19 Dec 2019, 1:54 AM