Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
- Work with a Global leader in the manufacture and maintenance of earthmoving machinery
- Utilise your networking and negotiation skills to manage Komatsu service portfolio
- Attractive competitive package, bonus, company phone, laptop and car allowance will be provided
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Branch Manager at our Gunnedah branch. Reporting to the Regional Mining Service Manager, this crucial position will be responsible and accountable for the total operation of the Parts, Service and Product Support Departments to ensure that they run efficiently, profitably and offer genuine product support to customers at the Branch. This is a 12-month fixed term contract starting on or before 1 November 2019.
The Gunnedah branch supports several mining customers as well as a growing construction customer base.
- Managing all elements of the Departments to achieve growth and profitability in accordance with the requirements of Komatsu corporate Head Office
- Providing customer solutions and establish, create and maintain multiple links between our customers and the company
- Identifying and maximising our sales opportunities
- Preparing and analysing annual income and expenditure budgets, control expenditure and monitor income
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Must have experience in the mining / construction or heavy equipment markets
- Ability to prepare and analyse annual income and expenditure budgets, control expenditure and monitor income
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including ability to deliver formal presentations and communicate with customers and personnel at all levels
- Leadership and team building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify opportunities to enhance the revenue and profitability of the region
- Ability to delegate responsibility and review performance
- Experienced in planning and implementation of after sales marketing programs
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles of inventory management, including computerised inventory management systems
- Good organisational skills
- A motor vehicle licence
At Komatsu we have proven career pathways into a variety of exciting fields. We are committed to creating a culture of learning and consider the support and recognition of training, learning, development and education as fundamental to achieving your goals. We also provide a range of services and benefits to assist our employees in their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Career Development and Education Support Programs for further studies
- Dedicated training in Business Skills, Leadership, Sales and Customer Service and OH&S
- Company-funded Income Protection Insurance
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.