Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
An exciting career opportunity is now available for an Auto Electrician to join our Welshpool branch. Reporting directly to the Service Manager you would be responsible for carrying out maintenance, inspection and repairs on mobile plant equipment and ensuring excellent customer service is provided. The role is responsible for machine diagnostics as well as the testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems. Additionally, you would be coordinating site based equipment maintenance projects, in particular, coordinating job requirements, following work scope and critical path. Field Service will also be a requirement of this position from time to time.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for
· Relevant Auto Electrical trade certificate with highly developed mechanical & electrical skills
· Current driver’s licence (minimum requirements)
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of the design & function of Komatsu mining equipment
· Extensive experience with OEM equipment
· Field service / Mine site breakdown/diagnostics experience will be highly regarded
· A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised and in remote areas
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
· Air-con and mechanical experience, qualifications and diagnostic skills will be highly regarded
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.