Founded in 1921, Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to Our Customers which is achieved by 1,700 employees located in 41 branches spanning Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
An exciting career opportunity is now available for a DIDO Service Technician (HD Fitter/Mechanic) to join our Contracts Division in WA. This is a Perth based DIDO role with work located at Keysbrook. Reporting to the Contracts Support Manager, the purpose of the role is to carry out maintenance and repairs on our customer’s fleet of Komatsu machines and ancillary equipment. Ensuring excellent customer service, you will be responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as the testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems.
The point of hire for this role is Perth WA and the roster is 7 days / 7 nights / 7 days off. This opportunity offers a generous salary on a 2/1 DIDO roster. Ideally, we are seeking candidates who live locally to the site, and within a 50km radius due to the nature of the roster.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for
· Relevant Trade Certificate - Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter Earthmoving/Heavy Transport)
· Current HR classification driver’s licence
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of the design & function of Komatsu mining equipment
· Extensive experience with Komatsu equipment; such as WA600, HM400, PC1250.
· Field service / Mine site breakdown/diagnostics experience will be highly regarded
· A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised and in remote areas
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
· Air-con and Auto Electrical experience, qualifications and diagnostic skills will be highly regarded
If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please use the link below to apply:
Please note that emailed applications will not be considered. Enquiries or applications from outside agencies will not be accepted.
Applications close: Friday, 30 November
Penny Smith - Senior Recruitment Advisor