Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
Exciting new opportunities are now available for Field Service Technicians to join the Service Department at our Mount Isa Branch. Reporting to the Mount Isa Branch Manager, the purpose of the role is to carry out maintenance and repairs on mobile equipment and ensure excellent customer service. The role plays an integral part in ensuring high levels of safety, quality and efficiency are given to the Komatsu Mount Isa Field Service Department.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical understanding of the design & function of Komatsu equipment.
You will be responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems utilising relevant literature and testing equipment. Additionally work will involve coordinating site based equipment maintenance projects, in particular, coordinating job packet requirements, following job scope and critical path.
The role requires the ability to generate required technical reports such as service reports and TSI & warranty claim processes. As such you will need to be able to use Komatsu operating programs such as Link One and SMAP.
This role provides a great career opportunity with a global Original Equipment Manufacturer and great employment conditions.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Relevant Trade Certificate - Heavy / Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter)
- Current MR classification driver's licence (minimum requirements)
- Automotive Air Conditioning Licence will be highly regarded
- Auto Electrical and diagnostic skills, and/or Auto Electrical Trade Qualification will be highly regarded
- A proven high level of customer service in line with our Customer Support Charter
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work in remote areas and unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems and Microsoft Office
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) experience, particularly with Komatsu equipment, and field service exposure will also be highly regarded
- Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.