Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
Senior Leading Hand required for Global Leader, attractive competitive package, laptop & company phone on offer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and team-oriented Senior Leading Hand to join the Customer Support Department at our Mudgee branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the purpose of the role to coordinate & assist in managing the service department work and plan tasks as required. This position will coordinate, prepare and support all WIP events for parts, service and technical knowledge sourcing from appropriate sources. It is crucial that the supervisor is a conduit between the customer and our service business using our business tools which are K-Way and as per the Komatsu Customer Support Charter.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Assisting in managing all elements of the service department as directed to achieve growth and profitability in accordance with the Branch requirements
- Developing, Leading and Mentoring staff who are assigned to the service Department so as to achieve a high level of staff moral and engagement
- Coordinating and distributing daily duties as required
- Ensuring that all warranty jobs are completed within the warranty terms and conditions
- Create a learning environment and supervise technicians to manage improving their skills
- Challenging and resolving any unsatisfactory work performance and escalate any non-compliance
- Producing all supporting documentation to assist all technicians in their tasks ensuring it is the latest versions
- Ensuring that workshop and field service risks are managed, documented and then controlled by relevant inspections or corrected as required
- Coordinating and maintaining all service tooling and ancillary equipment via inspections and actioning as required
- Maintaining documentation to support vehicle inspections and roadworthiness
- Holding and escalating technicians to account for when there is a discrepancy between tooling, vehicle inspections and roadworthiness reporting or conditions
- Advising the customer of any changes to the work scope and potential costs following requoting policy for variations
- Monitoring current systems while working with the Branch Manager to generate best practice
- Working with technicians and technical services to find solutions to customers issues
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities we’re looking for:
- Service and Coordination experience or qualifications
- Knowledge of Komatsu Machine range is desirable
- Certified Tradesperson
- Current Drivers Licence (HR preferred)
- Forklift Licence
- Working at Heights Certification
- Previous supervisory/ leading hand experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to schedule and delegate to a team or individual
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and active in promoting its principals.
- Experienced with Komatsu Policies, Procedures and Processes required for compliance
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft programs
- General knowledge of Komatsu Programs such as but not limited to; Dynamics, SAP, SMAP, KSOURCE, KOMTRAX and Linkone
At Komatsu we have proven career pathways into a variety of exciting fields. We are committed to creating a culture of learning and consider the support and recognition of training, learning, development & education as fundamental to achieving your goals. We also provide a range of services and benefits to assist our employees in their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Career Development and Education Support Programs for further studies
- Dedicated training in Business Skills, Leadership, Sales & Customer Service and OH&S
- Company-funded Income Protection Insurance
If you would like to pursue this career opportunity, please APPLY today!
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.