Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
An exciting internal opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Supervisor to join the Supply Department based at our Moss Vale workshop. Reporting to the Australian Distribution Centre Manager, the purpose of the role is to lead, mentor and develop the warehouse employees to maintain a competent and effective team.
Overseeing the Moss Vale WIP Store activities including receiving, storage, customer requests and distribution, this role will supervise on average, 4 employees across two shifts (day & afternoon shifts).
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage the Moss Vale WIP store in a manner that achieves maximum quality while meeting acceptable standards of efficiency and productivity.
- Manage future workload requirements through effective workforce management, anticipation of future needs & implementing actions to meet needs, and provide clear, consistent and timely communication to workforce relative to goal progress.
- Engage in effective communication at all levels regarding production parts updates and reporting, scheduling of workforce availability and workload balance, safety and performance management boards.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and goods receipting disciplines through workforce management activities.
- Offer suggestions and implement initiatives to support continual improvement.
- Manage, participate & adhere conformance to the company safety & environmental programs
- Supervise the store people in a manner that maintains positive employee relations climate within the entire Moss Vale facility.
- Drive a positive safety culture through various trainings, safety talks, personal example and awareness activities.
- Apply change management principles to lead the workforce in the adoption of company process, policy and/or procedure changes and ensure the changes are fully implemented
To be considered for this position you must have:
- An accredited qualification in logistics & or supply chain management
- 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Operations encompassing; Receiving, Dispatching, Inventory Control, Transport (COR) & Warehouse Management
- Min. 3years Supervisory experience
- The knowledge to understand & evaluate current Warehouse practices & methods with the ability to move to best practices i.e. Lead Warehousing, K-WAY
- Previous experience in transacting using bar code scanners
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence, negotiate, and establish rapport quickly with internal customers and external stakeholders at all levels.
- High level of Computer Literacy with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with previous SAP experience
- Self-starter, energetic and proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while setting priorities
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.
- Closed 2 months ago - 30 Sep 2019
- Published on 30 Aug 2019, 12:00 AM