Have you ever thought about undertaking an apprenticeship to start your future career? Are you customer focused, hardworking and committed to completing ongoing classroom and on the job training in workshop and/or field environments? If you want a job that gets you outside or away from a desk and you are keen to learn and believe in a safety-first culture – this could be your dream job opportunity. Whether you are a school leaver or already in the workforce and wanting a new career pathway, we want to hear from you!
Help US Deliver
Komatsu is a world leader in state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. As part of a global organisation, our Australian and New Zealand business employs over 3,000 staff across the country. Our people are the core to our success and our Apprenticeship Program provides you with the best possible start to your career with Komatsu. We strive to develop our people to reach their full potential by offering great benefits and rewards along with ongoing development.
- Technical development and career progression opportunities
- Sponsored Certificate III training at TAFE
- Career mentoring and personal skills development
- Excellent work environment and conditions and a friendly team
- Fully supplied PPE and uniforms
- Access to state-of-the-art technology and tools
- Strong, supportive team culture
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and work experiences, whether related to this trade or not. What you will need is:-
- Minimum year 10 Maths and English
- Interest in and aptitude for technical/mechanical disciplines (experience is not required)
- Self motivated with a responsible attitude and commitment to further study
- You adhere to health, safety and environment practices
- You are physically fit and able to pass a medical examination
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment
As a Komatsu Apprentice, you will be engaged as permanent employee while you complete the 4-year trade program. This intake commences early 2020 and you will join over 170 existing apprentices. Over your program, you will undertake work within our workshops or out in the field/on mine sites as your skills develop and you will work on a variety of equipment and/or components.
If this sounds like you, please apply now.
Applications will be open from 16 May, 2019 - 16 June, 2019 with selection processes occurring over June – August 2019. For more detail on the type of apprenticeships and our Apprenticeship Program, please refer to our careers page www.komatsu.com.au/careers
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.