Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
We are looking for top flight, heavy diesel qualified, Field Service Technician to join our expanding Service Department in the Waikato region, NZ.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to carry out maintenance and repairs on heavy mining and construction equipment and ensure excellent customer service.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical understanding of the design & function of Komatsu equipment. You will be responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems utilising relevant literature and testing equipment. Additionally, work may involve coordinating site based equipment maintenance projects, in particular, coordinating job packet requirements, following job scope and critical path. The role requires the ability to generate required technical reports such as service reports and TSI & warranty claim processes.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- NZ Trade Certificate - Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter) or overseas equivalent
- Current Class 1 driver’s licence (minimum requirements). Class 2 would be an advantaged
- Automotive Air Conditioning Licence will be highly regarded
- Auto Electrical experience and diagnostic skills, will be highly regarded
- A proven high level of customer service in line with Komatsu’s Customer Support Charter
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the proven ability to work in remote areas and unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems and Microsoft Office
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) experience, particularly with Komatsu equipment.
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.