Kip Happy Stays
Position: Cluster Manager
At Kip, we provide pets with the best care and enrichment - and have our people to thank for it. We are compassionate caregivers to our four-legged friends and exceptional communicators to their paw-rents.
We are looking for a Cluster Manager to provide support to our metropolitan and regional NSW sites. The successful candidate/s will have demonstrated experience in driving success and growth within a multi-site support role.
As a Cluster Manager at Kip, you will sit across multiple sites within a region and will be responsible for driving growth, supporting leaders and building high performing teams and providing a high level of care to our canine guests. You will provide impactful on-the-ground support to our site managers and frontline teams to ensure they are supported to achieve in their roles.
As a leader in our organisation, you will embody our core values of honesty, compassion and fun, with a drive to achieve and a commitment for expertise.
Why Kip Happy Stays?
- We offer real career pathways for individuals who are looking for more than just a job. We are committed to development with a majority of our leaders having been promoted internally.
- We offer opportunities for ongoing training to develop and build your animal handling skills, such as pet first aid and pet CPR, canine socialisation online workshops, and/or become an accredited dog trainer through Kip with the National Dog Trainer’s Federation (NDTF).
- Our team leaders have access to further training opportunities, such as human first aid, leadership workshops, secondment roles and a Kip community where ongoing learning is celebrated and shared amongst each other.
- We drive collaborative relationships and we encourage our team leaders to visit similar sites to understand how we operate across Kip, network with teams and learn/share ideas from peers.
- Generous staff discounts of up to 50% on shop items and on our boarding and daycare services (where applicable).
- Not stuck behind a desk all day and will have plenty of opportunity to get involved with pets.
- Generous incentive programs to earn bonuses based on performance.
- Employee referral program where you can earn up to $3000 per person when you recommend exceptional people that we onboard at Kip Happy Stays.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that supports our employees with free confidential counselling and support to all employees.
- Find long term friendships with humans who have similar passions and interests and a drive to provide the best quality care to pets across Australia.
- Work for a fun and exciting business with a well established reputation and brand.
- You will be a key contributor to providing a high level of service to pets and their parents through care you can genuinely be proud of - and don’t forget the daily pet cuddles!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and coach a high performing team across multiple locations.
- Manage time between administration and site visits, ensuring at least one administration day per week and visiting sites other days, ensuring all sites are visited at least monthly.
- Regularly review and drive centre performance, including top line sales, key metrics, operational dashboard, and P&L outcomes.
- Monitor and support recruitment, internal succession planning, and performance management.
- Assess centre performance against KPIs, review people power, and ensure safety and presentation standards are maintained. Support facilities on adherence to company procedures and safety standards.
- Analyse current pet numbers, memberships, and social media presence. Ensure effective delivery of services like Pup-dates and additional revenue drivers.
- Review safety boards, conduct site presentations, and ensure maintenance schedules are up-to-date across all sites.
- Ability to learn or track record in overseeing multiple locations.
- Demonstrated ability in financial management, including P&L analysis, budgeting, and cost control.
- Experience in leading teams, including performance management, recruitment, and staff development. The ability to mentor new managers and drive team performance is essential.
- A background in streamlining operations for efficiency and effectiveness. This includes experience in scheduling, resource allocation, and operational dashboard review.
- A history of maintaining high standards in customer service, with the ability to handle client interactions positively and effectively.
- Understanding of safety protocols and compliance, particularly in a pet care or similar environment. Experience conducting safety reviews and maintaining site presentation standards.
- Comfortable using various technology tools for payroll, finance, pet booking systems, and communication platforms like Slack.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and solve problems efficiently. Experience in implementing corrective actions based on business reviews and customer feedback.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, necessary for effective team management, client interactions, and reporting to senior leadership.
What's the best way to be shortlisted?
Include a cover letter outlining why you are best fit for the role. Even if you don't have direct experience in the animal industry, we want to hear from you!
- Regular travel required between sites (reimbursements and payment of travel available).
- Primarily a Mon-Fri schedule, however, occasional requirement to be on-call on weekends or public holidays.
- Our recruitment process may involve a one-way video interview.
We look forward to reviewing your applications!
- Published on 24 Jan 2024, 12:04 PM