Position: Dog Groomer
At Kip, we provide pets with the best care and enrichment - and have our people to thank for it. We are compassionate caregivers to our four-legged friends and exceptional communicators to their paw-rents. And, we are now on the howl for a dog mad, get-your-hands-dirty-and-your-shirt-furry Groomer to join our Kip community.
Why Kip Happy Stays?
- Did someone say pets?
- We offer real career pathways for individuals who are looking for more than just a job. We are committed to development with a majority of our leaders having been promoted internally.
- We offer opportunities for ongoing training to develop and build your animal handling skills, such as pet first aid and pet CPR, canine socialisation online workshops, and/or become an accredited dog trainer through Kip with the National Dog Trainer’s Federation (NDTF).
- Our team leaders have access to further training opportunities, such as human first aid, leadership workshops, secondment roles and a Kip community where ongoing learning is celebrated and shared amongst each other.
- We drive collaborative relationships and we encourage our team leaders to visit similar sites to understand how we operate across Kip, network with teams and learn/share ideas from peers.
- We offer a structured induction program that trains on all aspects of the role you will need to succeed and feel confident. This is great for individuals with no animal handling experience but a desire to learn on the job!
- You receive generous staff discounts of up to 50% on shop items and on our boarding and daycare services (where applicable).
- Employee referral program where you can earn up to $3000 per person when you recommend exceptional people that we onboard at Kip Happy Stays.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that supports our employees with free confidential counselling and support to all employees.
- Find long term friendships with humans who have similar passions and interests and a drive to provide the best quality care to pets across Australia.
- Work for a fun and exciting business with a well established reputation and brand.
- You will be a key contributor to providing a high level of service to pets and their parents through care you can genuinely be proud of - and don’t forget the daily pet cuddles!
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process
- Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles
- Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have
- General grooming responsibilities such as but not limited to dematting/detangling hair, bathing and drying, nail trims, ear cleans
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations
- Frequent cleaning and upkeep of work station
- Building and maintaining rapport with our dog owners through daily feedback and transparency
- Daily administration such as answering grooming enquiries through email and phone, record keeping, making bookings
What are the minimum requirements?
- 2 years+ previous grooming experience
- Ability to carry out breed specific clips in a timely manner and with no supervision
- Able to handle larger breed dogs
- High level of communication and empathetic in nature
- Able to work long days, on your feet, in a high pressure environment
- Comfortable with computer systems (emails, booking platform) and phone applications
What's the best way to be shortlisted?
- Include a cover letter outlining why you are best fit for the role
- Available Monday to Friday
- Our recruitment process involves a one-way video interview.
We look forward to reviewing your applications!
- Published on 12 Feb 2024, 1:19 AM