- Job no: M93NG
Kip Happy Stays
Position: General Maintenance / Groundskeeping / Caretaker
At Kip, we provide pets with the best care and enrichment - and have our people to thank for it. We are compassionate caregivers to our four-legged friends and exceptional communicators to their paw-rents. One of the many ways we provide a high standard of care is by ensuring our pet guests are safe. This starts with the role of General Maintenance for our facility and grounds.
If you are an all-rounder, jack-of-all-trades who thrives in a diverse role, we want to hear from you! This role is a casual position (part-time considered) with shifts approximately 3-4 days per week.
Why Kip Happy Stays?
- Did someone say pets?
- We offer real career pathways for individuals who are looking for more than just a job. We are committed to development with a majority of our leaders having been promoted internally.
- We offer opportunities for ongoing training to develop and build your animal handling skills, such as pet first aid and pet CPR, canine socialisation online workshops, and/or become an accredited dog trainer through Kip with the National Dog Trainer’s Federation (NDTF).
- Our team leaders have access to further training opportunities, such as human first aid, leadership workshops, secondment roles and a Kip community where ongoing learning is celebrated and shared amongst each other.
- We offer a structured induction program that trains on all aspects of the role you will need to succeed and feel confident. This is great for individuals with no animal handling experience but a desire to learn on the job!
- You receive generous staff discounts of up to 50% on shop items and on our boarding and daycare services (where applicable).
- Employee referral program where you can earn up to $3000 per person when you recommend exceptional people that we onboard at Kip Happy Stays.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that supports our employees with free confidential counselling and support to all employees.
- Find long term friendships with humans who have similar passions and interests and a drive to provide the best quality care to pets across Australia.
- Work for a fun and exciting business with a well established reputation and brand.
- You will be a key contributor to providing a high level of service to pets and their parents through care you can genuinely be proud of - and don’t forget the daily pet cuddles!
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of presentation of our site and grounds at all times including garden beds, lawn and play yards
- General handyman repairs - these will include, but are not limited to patching and painting, replacement of light globes, general labouring, removal and disposal of rubbish.
- All-round knowledge of building, carpentry & plumbing etc would be great attributes for the successful candidate.
- General grounds duties, including mowing, pruning, weeding, fertilising, and sprinkler systems etc.
- Conduct regular inspections of boarding premises and if any repairs are to be undertaken, ensure work is carried out to amend issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Operate and maintain equipment in accordance with the Operator's Manual and seasonal maintenance schedules.
- Maintain all pathways and grates to ensure that they are clean and free from rubbish, weeds and other debris.
- Option to live on site to ensure safety and security of property and premises after hours
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work productively as part of a team.
- Skills to ensure the infrastructure is maintained in good condition and meets WHS and compliance requirements.
- Must be available on weekends and school holiday periods
- Must be driven and have a strong work ethic as the role can be challenging and physical
- Must be able to follow routines, policies and procedures
- Previous experience working with animals is preferred, but should be comfortable to work in and around animals.
What's the best way to be shortlisted?
- Include a cover letter outlining why you are best fit for the role. If you have no animal handling experience or don’t tick all the boxes, we'd love to know how your current skill set can transfer!
- Our recruitment process involves a one-way video interview.
We look forward to reviewing your applications!
- Published on 23 Nov 2023, 1:25 AM