- Job no: HHKYP
Position: Animal Attendant
At Kip, we provide pets with the best care and enrichment - and have our people to thank for it. We are compassionate caregivers to our four-legged friends and exceptional communicators to their paw-rents. And, we are now on the howl for more dog mad, get-your-hands-dirty-and-your-shirt-furry extraordinaires to join our Kip community.
Why Kip Happy Stays?
- Did someone say pets?
- We offer real career pathways for individuals who are looking for more than just a job. We are committed to development with a majority of our leaders having been promoted internally.
- We offer opportunities for ongoing training to develop and build your animal handling skills, such as pet first aid and pet CPR, canine socialisation online workshops, and/or become an accredited dog trainer through Kip with the National Dog Trainer’s Federation (NDTF).
- Our team leaders have access to further training opportunities, such as human first aid, leadership workshops, secondment roles and a Kip community where ongoing learning is celebrated and shared amongst each other.
- We drive collaborative relationships and we encourage our team leaders to visit similar sites to understand how we operate across Kip, network with teams and learn/share ideas from peers.
- We offer a structured induction program that trains on all aspects of the role you will need to succeed and feel confident. This is great for individuals with no animal handling experience but a desire to learn on the job!
- You receive generous staff discounts of up to 50% on shop items and on our boarding and daycare services (where applicable).
- Employee referral program where you can earn up to $3000 per person when you recommend exceptional people that we onboard at Kip Happy Stays.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that supports our employees with free confidential counselling and support to all employees.
- Find long term friendships with humans who have similar passions and interests and a drive to provide the best quality care to pets across Australia.
- Work for a fun and exciting business with a well established reputation and brand.
- You will be a key contributor to providing a high level of service to pets and their parents through care you can genuinely be proud of - and don’t forget the daily pet cuddles!
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Supervising groups of dogs and managing their behaviours to maintain overall wellbeing and safety
- Providing canine enrichment through play and scheduled activities
- Implementing daily leadership and training activities
- Frequent cleaning and upkeep of facility
- Building and maintaining rapport with our dog owners through daily feedback and transparency
- Creating and distributing media content for our dog owners through videos and photos
- Daily administration such as answering enquiries through email and phone, record keeping of dog behaviours, preparing documents for dog owners
What are the minimum requirements?
- Available to attend a work trial shift (unpaid)
- Able to handle larger breed dogs
- High level of communication and empathetic in nature
- Able to work long days, on your feet, in a high pressure environment
- A passion for, strong desire to learn, or aspiration to continue your development with canine behaviour and training
- Comfortable with computer systems (emails, booking platform) and phone applications (using social media, filming and editing basic video content)
What's the best way to be shortlisted?
- Include a cover letter outlining why you are best fit for the role. If you have no animal handling experience or don’t tick all the boxes, we'd love to know how your current skill set can transfer!
- Available Monday to Friday
- Shifts are 6.45am-12.45pm and 12.30pm-6.30pm
- Our recruitment process involves a one-way video interview and an unpaid trial of up to 2 hours.
We look forward to reviewing your applications!