- Job no: 4DEAY
Position: Driver / Pet Transport
At Kip, we provide pets with the best care and enrichment - and have our people to thank for it. We are compassionate caregivers to our four-legged friends and exceptional communicators to their paw-rents. We are now looking for a driver to join our team at Kip Canberra.
Why Kip Happy Stays?
- Did someone say pets?
- We offer real career pathways for individuals who are looking for more than just a job. We are committed to development with a majority of our leaders having been promoted internally.
- We offer opportunities for ongoing training to develop and build your animal handling skills, such as pet first aid and pet CPR, canine socialisation online workshops, and/or become an accredited dog trainer through Kip with the National Dog Trainer’s Federation (NDTF).
- Our team leaders have access to further training opportunities, such as human first aid, leadership workshops, secondment roles and a Kip community where ongoing learning is celebrated and shared amongst each other.
- We drive collaborative relationships and we encourage our team leaders to visit similar sites to understand how we operate across Kip, network with teams and learn/share ideas from peers.
- We offer a structured induction program that trains on all aspects of the role you will need to succeed and feel confident. This is great for individuals with no animal handling experience but a desire to learn on the job!
- You receive generous staff discounts of up to 50% on shop items and on our boarding and daycare services (where applicable).
- Not stuck behind a desk all day and will have plenty of opportunity to get involved with caring for and playing with pets.
- Employee referral program where you can earn up to $3000 per person when you recommend exceptional people that we onboard at Kip Happy Stays.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that supports our employees with free confidential counselling and support to all employees.
- Find long term friendships with humans who have similar passions and interests and a drive to provide the best quality care to pets across Australia.
- Work for a fun and exciting business with a well established reputation and brand.
- You will be a key contributor to providing a high level of service to pets and their parents through care you can genuinely be proud of - and don’t forget the daily pet cuddles!
- Transport animals from homes to our facility
- Interact with customers in a professional manner
- Handle animals in line with company policies and procedures
- Follow the company's collection procedures and protocols
- Optimise the collection and drop-off schedule
- Following up queries and abandoned bookings
- Check in/check out pets
- Answering emails and phone calls
- Animal handling experience of dogs and cats highly regarded
- Honest with a high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding level of customer service
- Ability to safely drive long distances
- Problem solver
- Full drivers licence with clear driving record (sorry, no P plates)
- Must have vehicle to access site (no public transport available nearby)
- Must be available over holidays & Christmas period
What's the best way to be shortlisted?
Include a cover letter outlining why you are best fit for the role. If you have no animal handling experience or don’t tick all the boxes, we'd love to know how your current skill set can transfer!
- Our recruitment process involves a one-way video interview.
We look forward to reviewing your applications.
- Published on 15 Nov 2023, 1:44 AM