- Job no: RE3ET
Kestrel Recruitment is a local Recruitment and Group Training Organisation specialising in placing candidates with our clients across North East Victoria and Southern NSW within both the white and blue collar sectors.
Our client is a quintessential Australian Company based in Shepparton, Furphy Foundry are looking to employ an experienced Engineering Trade Assistant to join their team on a full-time basis.
Furphy Foundry are a highly respected and extremely well established family business, they specialise in street and park furniture in large variety of specific designs - guaranteed to endure Australia's harsh climate.
About The Role
This is a unique opportunity to broaden your working knowledge, talents and skills.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting in fettling shed, carry out angle & bench grinding of cast components when required
- Preparing steel component parts; this may include cutting, folding and or drilling to instructions
- Following all relevant Quality Assurance and Work Instructions according to the Company’s Quality System
- Following steel fabrication instructions given by the Team Leader
- Preparation of galvanised products prior to power coating
- Assembling finished goods in preparation for dispatch
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Ensuring packaging of all finished products is of a high standard to avoid damage through transit
Our ideal candidate will be punctual, reliable and have a sustainable work ethic.
- Trades background would be an advantage
- Knowledge of electric hand tools, i.e. sanders, grinders, drills etc.
- Must have current manual Driver’s License when driving Company vehicle.
- Must be double vaccinated
- Be able to work in a team environment and individually
To be considered for this position, please submit an up to date Resume along with a Cover Letter addressing why you are interested in this position.
Please note that only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.
**Kestrel Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer**
Read our Access and Equity Policy here.
- Published on 09 Nov 2023, 11:49 PM