Experienced recruiter? Worked in the employment sector linking business and people? Enjoy doing B2B sales? Like the idea of developing young people into a career?
Kestrel Recruitment is seeking a Field Officer to work in our Wodonga office, working with apprentices, trainees and host employers. The person will recruit, grow and manage a caseload of apprentices and trainees in the Albury/Wodonga region.
Kestrel Recruitment is a leading Group Training Organisation, employing apprentices and trainees across Southern NSW and Northeast Victoria. Kestrel is part of the IntoWork group of companies providing a diverse range of employment and training solutions. We are a community based not for profit organisation and a trusted provider of recruitment, apprentice management services and labour hire.
Our Vision is Vibrant Futures.
Our Purpose is supporting communities to thrive, through integrated workforce solutions and enabling choice for individuals
This position requires a mix of business development, recruitment, and support for individual apprentices and trainees and in return you will be rewarded with supporting young people get a start and transition through to being qualified in a career.
About the Role
With this dynamic role, each day will be different with responsibilities including:
- Use your networks and create opportunities for new businesses with host employers and take on new leads
- Recruit apprentices, trainees and other employees
- Support apprentices and trainees to completion
- Support Kestrel projects such as pre apprenticeship programs
- Keep records and ensure a quality service in line with the National Group Training Organisation Standards
- Ensure a safe working environment through strong relationships with employers and our employees
- Market candidates to businesses
- Participate in careers days, information sessions at schools, liaise with TAFE's, Australian Apprenticeship Support Networks and job network providers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to look after the interests of the host employer and apprentice/trainee. You may come from a recruitment background, employment sector, or maybe somewhere like real estate or another job that also balances the interests of two distinct clients to achieve an outcome.
- Ability to work in line with our values of Collaboration, Courage, Innovation, Integrity and Respect
- Ability to build rapport with clients & candidates and to grow a client base
- A track record of meeting targets and be results driven
- Professional presentation and communication
- A professional approach to time management and record keeping
- Drivers licence
- Ability to work as a team whilst achieving individual targets
- Strong connections with local businesses
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia. A current Working with Children and National Police Checks are required and can be arranged for the suitable applicant.
Salary and overall package will be negotiated in line with the successful applicant's level of skill and experience.