In the face of rising levels of unmet legal need, Justice Connect designs and delivers high impact interventions to increase access to legal support and progress social justice.
The Access Program is of central importance to people who need legal help and who often have nowhere else to turn. This team provides services to people who turn up to court alone, those who have experienced disasters, and people who have a range of financial and employment legal issues.
Through our work we provide information, advice, and pro bono referrals. We use a range of different tools to deliver help, including outreach to courts, legal service clinics and cutting-edge digital systems that leverage the pro bono assistance offered by leading Australian law firms.
The Access Program strategy is aligned to Justice Connect’s strategy and aims to scale services to reach more people, to strengthen our capacity to respond to emerging legal issues, and to carry out strategic work to address the drivers of unmet legal need and system-level issues.
Our ideal candidate
You'll bring to the team experience in the following areas:
- Working in a senior leadership role and leading teams to deliver high impact services and projects.
- Experience in the social justice sector and ideally in relation to service delivery.
- Engaging in high-level critical analysis of a wide range of complex information to understand and improve impact and performance.
- Tackling important strategic, service, team, and policy issues and developing effective responses to address these issues.
- Communicating effectively and building an engaged and positive team culture.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Commitment to Justice Connect's vision, strategy and values including a commitment to social justice.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully build and manage strategic relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to diagnose, tackle, and resolve critical issues through analysis and collaboration.
- Strong ability to provide management, coaching, and support of staff.
- Ability to strategically plan and prioritise, including the ability to meet accountability and reporting requirements.
- Agility and comfort during change. Ability to stay focussed and calm under pressure, and appropriately prioritise competing demands.
This role is for someone with a track record of leading a high-performance culture and who is committed to the delivery of impact for people with legal needs.
What you will achieve in the role
These are only a few of the areas of focus for the role.
- Work with the Organisational Leadership Team (OLT) on the implementation of the Justice Connect strategy and strategic directions.
- Lead the implementation of the Access Program strategy. Work with the team to deliver increased impact through individual service delivery, digital strategies to help more people, and broader systemic engagement to tackle structural issues undermining access to justice.
- Lead, coach, and support the Access Program leadership team.
- Use data (including stories) as the basis of taking action. This includes understanding key service and systemic issues and challenges, developing new solutions, engaging with key stakeholders (internal and external), and communicating clearly about team impact and effectiveness.
- Support the coordination of pro bono partnerships across Justice Connect including ongoing implementation of our membership model and engagement strategy.
A week in this role
If you were here last week, you would have:
- Met and engaged with a range of important program stakeholders and key partners including funders, Courts, referring services (including Community Legal Centres), and member law firms.
- Tackled strategic issues and decision making in relation to a broad range of issues as part of the Justice Connect executive team.
- Led advocacy in areas where the Program has legal expertise – in particular, financial rights, employment law, and disaster response.
- Met with and provided coaching and support to direct reports. Assessed implementation of the Access Program strategy, discussed operations and addressed a challenging client issue.
- Collated, reviewed, and reflected on data to understand program impact and strategy implementation. Met with the CEO and COO to discuss.
- Reviewed, managed, and identified funding opportunities as well as ensured compliance with reporting requirements for funders.
- Worked with the Justice Connect CFO to review and manage the Access Program Budget and Forecast.
What we offer
We believe is creating an environment where people will thrive.
If you want your next role to have purpose, support you to master new skills and build meaningful relationships then Justice Connect is the place to work.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Progressive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements with a minimum of 40% in the workplace attendance across the month
- Access to EAP
- New hire and ongoing learning and development
Important role information
The position reports to the CEO.
Employment is full-time ongoing. Consideration will be made for those looking for a part-time opportunity of 30 hours a week (0.8 FTE).
The salary for this role is $135,418.42 per annum (pro rata) (plus 11% superannuation) with annual leave loading and generous salary packaging options.
This role can be based at either our Melbourne or Sydney CBD offices with 40% of the month in the workplace with hybrid working arrangements.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume and a cover letter which outlines your skills and experience that will help you achieve success in this role.
For further information contact Nathalie Chasen, People and Culture Manager, 03 8593 4797.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note: applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews may be scheduled accordingly.