Discover an organisation united by passion, respect, and imagination where you'll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences and an amazing culture. At Junkee we’re proud collaborators, which means you'll have the opportunity to work with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Here is why we need you...
We’re looking for someone who loves all things digital media, with a particular interest in creating engaging and innovative content for Junkee’s social media channels. You’ll be helping to implement Junkee Media’s channel strategy, working closely with our team of reporters, producers and Community Editor to ensure our content is reaching the largest audience possible every day.
Here's what you'll do...
- Produce multimedia content to a sufficient standard to assist in Junkee in reaching its overall audience and reach goals
- You’ll have a deep understanding of multimedia content and how it reaches audiences across multiple channels
- You’ll have a strong affinity with the Junkee and Punkee brands, and a passion for our key content pillars: entertainment & pop culture, news & politics, music, reality TV and online culture
- You’ll be used to working collaboratively in a fast-paced media environment, making editorial decisions on the run and, keeping one eye on the daily news cycle and the other on the next editorial horizon.
- You’ll also have a deep affinity with Junkee & Punkee’s audiences, and a passion for our key content pillars: entertainment & pop culture, news & politics, music, reality TV and online culture.
- You’ll be a team player, a great communicator, and highly engaged content creator. You’ll have some multimedia content experience, and you’ll be keen to learn and develop your skills to take your career to the next level.
Here's what you'll look like...
- You’ll have at least three years’ experience in digital content creation and/or distribution
- You’ll be familiar with video and/or image editing software such as Adobe Suite or Canva, as well as the back-end functions of the big social media platforms.
- This role is open to people at any experience level, but at least 1-2 years newsroom or digital content experience will be looked upon favourably.
- A passion for news and politics, and a solid understanding of newsroom principles and processes is a must.
- An understanding of digital content, and social media best practice, basic understanding of legal publishing principles such as defamation and copyright.
- Solid understanding of multimedia software such as Adobe suite is essential.
- A solid understanding of the Junkee and Punkee brands and audience.
Working as part of a team you will have the opportunity to work with the best in the industry that will provide you with a varied and flexible work environment, robust infrastructure and practices and ongoing training and development.
Rewards, Tools and Benefits
Our benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, as well as the people that matter the most in their lives.
On offer for the successful candidate along with a host of other employee benefits is:
- Award winning EVP
- Competitive base salary
- Provision of tools of trade
- Full training and support to ensure ongoing success
- Flexible working options
- Parental and family care benefits
If you’re curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we’re ready to open our doors to you. Apply now.
oOh! actively seeks to include and value the unique talents, perspectives, experiences, and contributions of all people. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, religions, genders, sexualities and cultural identities.`
If this isn’t the right role for you, we’d also love for you to be part of our Talent Community so you can be the first in line to be considered when a new opportunity comes up.