- Job no: HBDQN
Junkee Media launched five years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here's why we need you…
A rare opportunity has opened up for a full-time Senior Writer with a passion for music and pop culture to help grow the Junkee footprint in this area and make a real impact when taking the brand to the next level in 2018!
Here's what you'll do...
As Senior Writer you will be responsible for producing written music and pop culture related content, news and opinion pieces that meet our dedicated audience needs and help to drive traffic and awareness across the Junkee brand.
You will have a deep understanding of the Junkee brand and audience and be able to draw from this in order to create highly engaging content that stands out from the crowd!
You will be able to balance the commercial needs of an advertising-funded business whilst ensuring the content produced is of highly quality and consumer friendly in accordance with Junkee’s mission.
This blended role of original writing and sub-editing is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your love for music and pop culture, and be accountable for Junkee's unique stamp in this space!
- Taking full accountability for all content and traffic goals across the site in accordance with set goals & KPI's
- Producing high quality unique content as well as commissioning and editing freelance content that engages our audience and complements the work produced by our in-house staff team
- Staying up to date and responsive to the latest in Australian and International entertainment/ music news
- Working closely with the Managing Editor, site editors and staff writers to make sure that all content is on brand, optimised for user experience and executed to the highest standard
- Implementing best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Sub-editing copy including native and branded content as well as advertorial pieces
- Amplifying content through social media; Facebook, Twitter etc
- Reporting on performance and experience feedback whilst interpreting results for increased optimisation
Here's what you'll look like...
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of producing highly engaging content
- Demonstrate a passion and knowledge in the music and pop culture scene
- Demonstrate high-level-sub-editing skills as well as strong copywriting abilities
- Experienced in producing unique native written content and articles
- Experience in creating unique and highly engaging content that stands out from the crowd with a deep understanding of what makes a truly great story and what keeps Junkee's dedicated audience informed and entertained is essential
- Be able to tap into a wide and diverse list of contacts in order to create highly engaging content
- Published examples of writing across both Australian specific and global music/ pop culture scene
- Deep knowledge of distributing content through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Tumblr
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment both autonomously and in a team
- Experience using Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to track content performance and reporting
- Degree qualified in communications, journalism or similar field preferred
Only applicants with work samples and links uploaded via the LiveHire platform will be considered
If you're curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we're ready to open our doors to you.
If this isn't the right role for you, we'd love for you to be part of our Talent Community where you'll find out about new opportunities first!
- Published on 16 Feb 2018, 10:41 PM